- Tsarina Angelina: Jolie snaps up film rights to torrid tale of Catherine the Great's love trysts in the Winter Palace sauna
- Heroism of the human shield: Shot three times as he protected his fiancee, telling her to say his goodbyes to their children, then crawling for his life... for the first time, the incredible tale of the beach massacre hero
- Tennis lover Kate forks out £60,000 'to move her court just 36ft': Duchess of Cambridge plans to spend an eye-raising sum to improve the view at Anmer Hall in Norfolk
- Brooklyn has passed 'peak' PBR and is now starting to adopt historic New England lager Narragansett as hipster beverage of choice
- Hillary's wrangling of the reporters: Presidential candidate uses two aides and a rope to keep journalists away from her on Fourth of July parade
- Obama set to release dozens of non-violent drug offenders as use of clemency expands
- Grateful Dead fans flood Chicago stadium for first of band's final shows
- Joey Chestnut loses Coney Island hot dog eating contest to newcomer
- Russia's Vladimir Putin tells Barack Obama he wants dialogue based on equality
- Anger at Michelle Obama-inspired suggestion to grill FRUIT on July 4th instead of meat
Boston bombing suspect identified by double amputee victim who woke up and described man to FBI
More from UK
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery