- BREAKING NEWS: School on lockdown with children and teachers shut inside after 'shots are fired'
- Westminster paedophile ring linked to murders of 3 young boys by detectives
- Harry turns paparazzi! Prince tries his hand at photography as he meets orphans during private charity visit to Lesotho
- Bride wears £2,000 wedding dress as couple celebrate wedding with SNOWBOARDING photoshoot
- Depressed Russian student tries to commit suicide by jumping lands in tree branch in Chelyabinsk
- South Downs is the most expensive National Park in which to buy a home
- Passengers furious as coach driver who got lost quits at the wheel
- Pat Robertson claims 'homosexuals will die out' because they can't reproduce
- Rosetta probe's new images show Philae shooting back into space
- US Army set to launch blimps equipped with radar that can detect enemy cruise missiles targeting East Coast as part of $2.8billion defense project
Boston bombing suspect identified by double amputee victim who woke up and described man to FBI
More from UK
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
- Body of missing 2-year-old found by police a day after he wandered off while playing with his brother
- A Summery Pippa Middleton Dresses the Part in Ladylike Florals at Coronation Festival
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery