- Led Zeppelin hits show band's backs to the walls brilliance
- Teresa Giudice suing former bankruptcy attorney for malpractice
- Will and Grace's Leslie Jordan throws his drink over man in an LA Starbucks
- Flynn's Restaurant in Yungaburra celebrates profitable weekend and TripAdvisor reviews
- Secret Service expert claims Hillary Clinton and Bill have 'business relationship'
- Texas businessman Ben Wilson finds cellphone that fell from plane
- Game Of Thrones will be at least 8 seasons as HBO insist Jon Snow 'is dead'
- 'They make me out to be a monster': Debate rages over man, 19, put on sex offender registry for 25 YEARS after sleeping with underage girl he met on dating app who admitted to police SHE lied about her age
- Red Sox fan vomits all over his fellow supporters in the stands below at Fenway Park
- Beautiful video filmed on the New York subway will make you reconsider your morning commute
Boston bombing suspect identified by double amputee victim who woke up and described man to FBI
More from UK
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery