- Local downtown businesses welcomed plenty of Black Friday shoppers
- Would you pay £500,000 for this? Classic car dealer spends more than half a million pounds on personalised number plate
- For sale, a £37,000 teddy bears' picnic: Collector expected to pocket £100,000 from auction of 32 bears
- 32nd Annual Country Christmas Craft show now underway
- Whoville In Jonesborough
- Local artisans show off their wares
- Patients to sue HIV-risk dentist: More than 100 patients of 'dirty' millionaire surgeon could receive payouts of up to £20,000
- He clenched his fist, pumped his lips... a flare of anger in his voice: QUENTIN LETTS sees Dave raise a warning finger to the Van Eurosnoots, yesterday in Parliament
- Britain's STILL on Benefits Street: For years the BBC and the Left have howled about spending cuts - the truth is that welfare and public spending have barely been cut at all
- Koran should be read at Prince Charles' coronation says top bishop
Caught in the (sex) act: Unlucky prostitutes caught plying their trade on Google Street View
More from UK
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
- Body of missing 2-year-old found by police a day after he wandered off while playing with his brother
- A Summery Pippa Middleton Dresses the Part in Ladylike Florals at Coronation Festival
- Web users post 5,000 pics of sex workers captured on Google Street View
- The ladies of the night were snapped as they ply their trade
- The prostitutes have been snapped all over the world
By Sam Webb
PUBLISHED: 06:52 EST, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 07:15 EST, 26 February 2013
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras.
The women in skimpy outfits are seen plying their wares on roadsides in dozens of countries - including the UK.
But they were unaware they were being photographed by the search engine's cameras and then uploaded to the web.
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras. It's pretty obvious what's happening in this shot from Brazil
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com.
They include a prostitute in one-piece lingerie waiting for customers by some woods in Nice, France, and a blonde girl in denim hot pants being picked up by a punter in Taguantiga, Brazil.
Meanwhile, one raven-haired mistress in Brussels flashes her legs to passers-by from her apartment window.
A prostitute in Rome even waves to one of the giant cameras, which are fixed to Google's distinctive mapping vans.
Birdwatching? This woman in Nice, France, has bought a seat for when she gets tired
Good job it's warm: This scantily-clad lady of the night in Pisa, Italy, checks her phone while awaiting custom
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com
A sex worker in a daring red dress and silver stilettos leaves little to the imagination as she is pictured on the streets of Sau Paulo, Brazil.
And a voluptuous call-girl waits for customers as she sits next to a car park in Madrid.
Just a handful of prostitutes are pictured in Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield - with one in the Midlands applying make-up next to the road.
A staggering 2,000 pictures have been uploaded of sex workers and venues in Italy, followed by 639 in Brazil, and 222 in Belgium. Other countries include the Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands, Romania, Mexico and Thailand.
Shady business: These ladies take shelter from the sun and chat as they wait for customers
This Brazilian woman was pictured in a notorious red light district
The images are found by web users who trawl known red-light districts and search the same places on Street View.
The website's anonymous administrator wrote: 'To kill time I began exploring exotic places on Street View to take a "mini vacation".
'That got a little boring after a couple of days, so I was looking to spot something new - the seediest thing you could find on Google Street View.
Sex worker? In all fairness, this woman could just be waiting for a lift home
Hello boys: A sex worker in Brussels advertises her wares
'At first I did not record the sightings. But it became apparent that Google Street View was full of prostitutes - more than I ever expected! I quickly created a website to record and share my findings.
'I have a preference for Spain. Most of the prostitutes I've spotted in Spain look hot. And Madrid is such a raunchy city.'
He quickly identified a few of his favourites: 'One of my most precious spottings is an amazingly hot looking busty hooker in Madrid's Zona Industrial de Villaverde.
'I also like the Italian broad that advertised her services with her boobs out while sitting next to her van - and the construction workers nearby certainly did not mind the view.'
Last week a Russian woman ended her engagement after discovering her fiance was having an affair through Russia's version of Google's map service.
Marina Voinova, 24, was searching for the address of her house on Yandex Maps, which doesn't blur faces.
But an image of her home in Perm, Western Russia, loaded, and she was horrified to see her partner Sasha with his arms around a mystery brunette.