- Muslim comedian’s anti-extremist message a big hit with British teens
- WorldViews: The big questions any nuclear deal with Iran would have to answer
- Negotiators prepared to start drafting preliminary agreement on Iran talks
- Alison Saunders could scrap journalists' trials
- Clegg wants six weeks' paid paternity leave: Party plans to triple amount of time off for dads and pay them £133 a week
- Films that stimulate the brain could help prevent dementia
- Hope for allergy sufferers: Blood test to detect life-threatening reactions to peanuts and shellfish is developed
- Loan firms sell financial secrets to cold-call conmen... Vulnerable people desperate for cash bombarded by calls 60 times a DAY
- A&E cases would fall by 2 million in a year if GPs were open 7 days a week
- Have YOU hooked up with a heart-breaker? TRACEY COX on the six tell-tale signs that your relationship is in trouble
Caught in the (sex) act: Unlucky prostitutes caught plying their trade on Google Street View
More from UK
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
- Body of missing 2-year-old found by police a day after he wandered off while playing with his brother
- A Summery Pippa Middleton Dresses the Part in Ladylike Florals at Coronation Festival
- Web users post 5,000 pics of sex workers captured on Google Street View
- The ladies of the night were snapped as they ply their trade
- The prostitutes have been snapped all over the world
By Sam Webb
PUBLISHED: 06:52 EST, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 07:15 EST, 26 February 2013
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras.
The women in skimpy outfits are seen plying their wares on roadsides in dozens of countries - including the UK.
But they were unaware they were being photographed by the search engine's cameras and then uploaded to the web.
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras. It's pretty obvious what's happening in this shot from Brazil
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com.
They include a prostitute in one-piece lingerie waiting for customers by some woods in Nice, France, and a blonde girl in denim hot pants being picked up by a punter in Taguantiga, Brazil.
Meanwhile, one raven-haired mistress in Brussels flashes her legs to passers-by from her apartment window.
A prostitute in Rome even waves to one of the giant cameras, which are fixed to Google's distinctive mapping vans.
Birdwatching? This woman in Nice, France, has bought a seat for when she gets tired
Good job it's warm: This scantily-clad lady of the night in Pisa, Italy, checks her phone while awaiting custom
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com
A sex worker in a daring red dress and silver stilettos leaves little to the imagination as she is pictured on the streets of Sau Paulo, Brazil.
And a voluptuous call-girl waits for customers as she sits next to a car park in Madrid.
Just a handful of prostitutes are pictured in Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield - with one in the Midlands applying make-up next to the road.
A staggering 2,000 pictures have been uploaded of sex workers and venues in Italy, followed by 639 in Brazil, and 222 in Belgium. Other countries include the Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands, Romania, Mexico and Thailand.
Shady business: These ladies take shelter from the sun and chat as they wait for customers
This Brazilian woman was pictured in a notorious red light district
The images are found by web users who trawl known red-light districts and search the same places on Street View.
The website's anonymous administrator wrote: 'To kill time I began exploring exotic places on Street View to take a "mini vacation".
'That got a little boring after a couple of days, so I was looking to spot something new - the seediest thing you could find on Google Street View.
Sex worker? In all fairness, this woman could just be waiting for a lift home
Hello boys: A sex worker in Brussels advertises her wares
'At first I did not record the sightings. But it became apparent that Google Street View was full of prostitutes - more than I ever expected! I quickly created a website to record and share my findings.
'I have a preference for Spain. Most of the prostitutes I've spotted in Spain look hot. And Madrid is such a raunchy city.'
He quickly identified a few of his favourites: 'One of my most precious spottings is an amazingly hot looking busty hooker in Madrid's Zona Industrial de Villaverde.
'I also like the Italian broad that advertised her services with her boobs out while sitting next to her van - and the construction workers nearby certainly did not mind the view.'
Last week a Russian woman ended her engagement after discovering her fiance was having an affair through Russia's version of Google's map service.
Marina Voinova, 24, was searching for the address of her house on Yandex Maps, which doesn't blur faces.
But an image of her home in Perm, Western Russia, loaded, and she was horrified to see her partner Sasha with his arms around a mystery brunette.