- Man stabbed during fight at Metro station in Landover; two in custody, ages 15, 20
- Fire destroys mobile home in Russell County
- Fire causes damage at Bluff City boating retailer
- After Dove Debacle, Vatican Makes Balloons New Peace Symbol
- Yummy or yucky? The Marmite Easter egg: Treat to hit supermarket shelves next week alongside a plain chocolate 'Pot Noodle' egg
- Scotland's most expensive modern home up for sale for £3.4m
- Bud and June Runion VANISH after going to meet mystery Craigslist poster
- Thousands march in cities across Pakistan in protest against Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons of Prophet Mohammed
- Senate leader McConnell calls previous Congress 'dysfunctional' as GOP comrade Boehner defends decision to go behind Democrats' back with Netanyahu invite
- Angelina Jolie meets victims of the Islamic State at refugee camp in northern Iraq
Horse meat in lasagne: Online jokers make fun of Findus scandal with hilarious images
More from UK
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
- Body of missing 2-year-old found by police a day after he wandered off while playing with his brother
- A Summery Pippa Middleton Dresses the Part in Ladylike Florals at Coronation Festival
By Hugo Gye
PUBLISHED: 07:43 EST, 8 February 2013 | UPDATED: 08:42 EST, 8 February 2013
The revelation that Findus beef lasagne contained up to 100 per cent horsemeat has sparked safety fears among thousands of consumers who have been inadvertently eating contaminated products.
But for some web users, the scandal has been the perfect opportunity to flex their comedic muscles in a serious of hilarious visual gags.
The pictures show how Findus products should look if the packaging was totally honest, and speculate on other uses for a horse lasagne.
Bookmaker Paddy Power also joined in the fun, offering odds on which animal would be the next to make its way into Britain's food chain - the favourite was deer at 2/1, followed by donkey, dog and rabbit.
Joke: This gag image was inspired by the revelation that Findus products contained up to 100 per cent horse
Giddy up, boy! Another joke poking fun at the finding that Findus lasagne was made of horsemeat
Photoshop: Jokers manipulated the Findus logo and pictures of its products to create viral images
Inventive: This diagram shows how unscrupulous food producers look at the horse
Pun: Some chose to make a play on the name of Findus, which was originally a Scandinavian firm
Suggestions: Findus could perhaps change the name of its product or make it in a more appropriate shape
Mourning: This image shows what would happen if the My Little Pony characters discovered the scandal
Arithmetic: A website has set up a 'horse calculator' allowing users to work out how much horse they eat
Backlash: Some of the jokey images showed real anger at the manufacturers' blunders
Factory: The firm is under fire for its handling of the horsemeat revelations this week