- Susan Boyle reveals she feared for her life after phone threats from stalker
- Tommie Woodward who was killed by alligator in Texas mocked the beast
- The top 10 most expensive colleges in the country
- Photographer's mesmerising shots of glow worms turn dark New Zealand caves into magical alien-like passages
- Greece voters split between those queuing at soup kitchens and those hiding cash
- Audrey Hepburn's diet secrets revealed in new book Audrey at Home
- Tunisian shooting eyewitness describes SECOND gunman who killed tourist
- Kentucky boat capsizes killing two in Ohio River during July 4 fireworks
- Mystery as 3 dead bodies are found in two houses in coastal Maine town
- USA to take on Japan in Women's World Cup final in Canada
Horse meat in lasagne: Online jokers make fun of Findus scandal with hilarious images
More from UK
By Hugo Gye
PUBLISHED: 07:43 EST, 8 February 2013 | UPDATED: 08:42 EST, 8 February 2013
The revelation that Findus beef lasagne contained up to 100 per cent horsemeat has sparked safety fears among thousands of consumers who have been inadvertently eating contaminated products.
But for some web users, the scandal has been the perfect opportunity to flex their comedic muscles in a serious of hilarious visual gags.
The pictures show how Findus products should look if the packaging was totally honest, and speculate on other uses for a horse lasagne.
Bookmaker Paddy Power also joined in the fun, offering odds on which animal would be the next to make its way into Britain's food chain - the favourite was deer at 2/1, followed by donkey, dog and rabbit.
Joke: This gag image was inspired by the revelation that Findus products contained up to 100 per cent horse
Giddy up, boy! Another joke poking fun at the finding that Findus lasagne was made of horsemeat
Photoshop: Jokers manipulated the Findus logo and pictures of its products to create viral images
Inventive: This diagram shows how unscrupulous food producers look at the horse
Pun: Some chose to make a play on the name of Findus, which was originally a Scandinavian firm
Suggestions: Findus could perhaps change the name of its product or make it in a more appropriate shape
Mourning: This image shows what would happen if the My Little Pony characters discovered the scandal
Arithmetic: A website has set up a 'horse calculator' allowing users to work out how much horse they eat
Backlash: Some of the jokey images showed real anger at the manufacturers' blunders
Factory: The firm is under fire for its handling of the horsemeat revelations this week