- WorldViews: Why Ted Cruz thinks a U.S. Embassy in Havana is ‘a slap in the face’ of Israel
- WorldViews: The world’s most anti-Russia country? Canada, says Moscow lawmaker
- Final push for Iran nuclear deal begins as Tehran signals flexibility
- Dominican government is accused of forcible deportations
- U.S. prepares to send first group of Syrian fighters back onto battlefield
- Fading beauty of Matisse and van Gogh's masterpieces: Chemical reaction is turning famous paintings BROWN
- Margaret Thatcher jibed as 'oily to kings' for apology to Saudis over BBC report
- From Cornwall's remote Kynance Cove to the Welsh beach that can only be reached by hiking across the clifftops: The UK's 10 best secret beaches revealed
- Google-owned Niantic labs apologise for Nazi concentration camp video game
- Dramatic footage shows a pack of sharks feasting on sperm whale carcass off the Australian coast
Passing out parade: Female cadet collapses during police promotion ceremony
More from UK
- The female recruit fainting during the passing out parade at Bogota police headquarters in Colombia
- Heavy uniform combined with the 19C heat all too much for the officer
PUBLISHED: 14:23 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 14:23 EST, 7 December 2012
It is the moment every young police cadet dreams of - finally being told they've withstood the test and trials to become an officer.
Hundreds of young recruits today lined up in their finery at Bogota police headquarters in Colombia to be officially welcomed into the force.
But the heavy uniform, hat and gloves combined with the balmy 19C heat was all a bit too much for one recruit.
In a dead faint: A cadet lies on the grass after collapsing during a promotion ceremony at a police school in Bogota
Heat faint: The formal uniform combined with temperatures of 19C caused to officer to overheat and collapse
The woman, dressed in the traditional grey blazer, white skirt with matching gloves, ceremonial hat and staff, collapsed to the ground in the middle of the ceremony.
Unfortunately for the recruit, the whole episode was caught on national television as the Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos attended the event to watch the passing out parade of the new police recruits in Colombia's biggest city.
A helping hand: A fellow police officer helps the young recruit to her feet
Attention! Police cadets march during the promotion ceremony in Colombia's biggest city
The police recruit didn't seem seriously injured by her fall and was helped up by a fellow officer.
Heat fainting generally occurs when a human body reaches a temperature above 40C causing less blood flow to the brain.
It's not the first time young officers have struggled to keep their cool while standing to attention in a formal parade during blistering heat.
Several newly trained Met Police officers fainted during their passing out parade as temperatures soared to 21C in June this year.
Passing out: One poorly looking police officer was helped by colleagues after becoming faint during a Passing out Parade at the Hendon Police Training College in June
Falling back: A police officer is caught by colleagues as he becomes faint during the Passing out Parade at Hendon Police Training College