- Small explosion at Chesterfield fire scene
- Man Seriously Injured in Accident on Route 460 in Appomattox
- Girl With Lukemia Asks Others to Donate Blood
- Susan Boyle 'interviewed by police after family feud over money'
- Defense officials say a PHONE CALL could have prevented misunderstanding that led Iraqi forces to leave key city near Baghdad in the hands of ISIS terrorists
- I-295 Northbound near RIC reopens after car overturns
- VCU wins first Atlantic 10 baseball championship
- Ireland gives resounding 62.1 percent 'yes' to gay marriage
- Orioles Fall To Marlins 1-0; Reliever Brian Matusz Ejected
- 'Big Stone Gap' movie teased at Gathering in the Gap
Cheryl Grampa: Teacher loses license after receiving MASSAGES from Cooper City elementary students
More from UK
PUBLISHED: 12:46 EST, 24 November 2012 | UPDATED: 12:46 EST, 24 November 2012
An elementary school teacher has lost her teaching license after allegedly rewarding her students for giving her massages that in at least one incident went too far.
As of this month Cheryl Grampa, 46, can no longer teach in the state of Florida after at least one boy was found touching her breasts and virginal area during those massages, according to investigators at Cooper City Elementary.
In February of 2011 Grampa was suspended for five days over the massages spanning the 2009-2010 school year.
Finished: Cheryl Grampa, 46, has had her teaching license taken away in the state of Florida after allegedly asking her elementary school students to give her massages
She resigned in December of 2011 after two psychological evaluations in March of 2011 and November of 2011 found her 'unfit for duty as a classroom teacher,' according to the Sun Sentinel.
It was unclear how long the 12-year veteran has been getting her classroom massages.
According to the Broward School Board, she ‘engaged in inappropriate conduct and contact with a minor student'.
That conduct ranged from 'soliciting and allowing students to massage her, in exchange for rewards; allowing students to touch her in an inappropriate manner and failing to take reasonable and corrective action with respect to improper touching.’
Too far: Grampa was a teacher at Cooper City Elementary School when during at least one incident in the 2009-2010 school year a boy touched her breasts and vaginal area according to investigators
Schools Superintendent Jim Notter said at the time of her suspension that Grampa had been working long enough to know better than to ask a student for a massage.
He said the suspension was a ‘last chance.’