- Tsarina Angelina: Jolie snaps up film rights to torrid tale of Catherine the Great's love trysts in the Winter Palace sauna
- Heroism of the human shield: Shot three times as he protected his fiancee, telling her to say his goodbyes to their children, then crawling for his life... for the first time, the incredible tale of the beach massacre hero
- Tennis lover Kate forks out £60,000 'to move her court just 36ft': Duchess of Cambridge plans to spend an eye-raising sum to improve the view at Anmer Hall in Norfolk
- Brooklyn has passed 'peak' PBR and is now starting to adopt historic New England lager Narragansett as hipster beverage of choice
- Hillary's wrangling of the reporters: Presidential candidate uses two aides and a rope to keep journalists away from her on Fourth of July parade
- Obama set to release dozens of non-violent drug offenders as use of clemency expands
- Grateful Dead fans flood Chicago stadium for first of band's final shows
- Joey Chestnut loses Coney Island hot dog eating contest to newcomer
- Russia's Vladimir Putin tells Barack Obama he wants dialogue based on equality
- Anger at Michelle Obama-inspired suggestion to grill FRUIT on July 4th instead of meat
PSG omits Brazilian Nene after midweek tantrum
More from Soccer
- Lukas Podolski completes move to Galatasaray from Arsenal on three-year deal
- Ryan Harris retires from all forms of cricket after persistent knee injury
- Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy arrives in Spain hoping to complete deal with Atletico Madrid to sign defender Toby Alderweireld
- Manchester United demand Sergio Ramos in exchange for sale of David de Gea to Real Madrid
- Everton and Southampton chasing £10m Dennis Praet from Anderlecht
LILLE -- Paris Saint-Germain left Nene out of the squad for Saturday's home Ligue 1 game against fourth from bottom Evian Thonon Gaillard as a punishment for his tantrum in the midweek 2-1 Champions League victory over Porto.
The Brazilian forward struck the roof of the dugout with his hand and argued with coaching staff when he was called back to sit down after warming up midway through the second half on Tuesday.
Substitute Nene eventually went on for Javier Pastore in the 88th minute.
"Nene did not behave well," coach Carlo Ancelotti told a news conference on Friday. "He has to be more professional.
"He will be in the squad for (Tuesday's) game at Valenciennes if he changes."
Nene, Ligue 1's joint top scorer last season with 21 goals, has started only five league games this term with Ancelotti generally preferring to play Jeremy Menez and Ezequiel Lavezzi up front instead.
Fourth-placed PSG, who are five points behind leaders Olympique Lyon, will also be without Blaise Matuidi, Marco Verratti and Mohamed Sissoko on Saturday.
Italy midfielder Thiago Motta is back from injury and set to start.
The 30-year-old Motta, who has suffered back and calf problems, has played only four league games this season and been badly missed.
© 2012 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.