- Redskins to pick up 5th-year option on Robert Griffin III
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 1 lane closed in each direction on I-295N
- Caps, Islanders battle in pivotal game 7
- 5 Preeminent Boxers Of The Past 30 Years
- 1st look at baby born in restaurant parking lot
- Pulaski mom sentenced on charges stemming from baby's death
- LMS Teacher Honored as Teacher of the Year at Virginia History Day
- Grand Jury to Hear Joy Schultz Case
- NBC Execs Leaked New Details Of Brian Williams Lying To Shame Him Into Resigning
- Global effort to help Nepal earthquake victims intensifies
Jon Gruden hasn't been offered Vols coaching job and won't be owning the Browns
More from Sports
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”