- F-35B fighter jet 'ready for service' say Marines even though F-16 outperformed it
- The day Hiroshima was obliterated 70 years ago, through the eyes of the bomber crew
- Beatrice Borromeo and Pierre Casiraghi arrive in ivory ahead of 2nd wedding
- WWE legend Roddy Piper dies aged 61 after suffering cardiac arrest in his sleep
- Marisa Hochberg slims down to size ZERO after being left heartbroken by friend
- AMANDA PLATELL: A nation that cares more about an old lion than old people
- Brain interface allows paralysed people control a cursor to type accurately
- Salma Hayek reveals beauty secrets and drinks bone broth to get her protein
- Looking for the perfect gift? Then plump for something YOU like, say experts
- Naomi Campbell guilty of assault after she scratched eye of photographer
Jon Gruden hasn't been offered Vols coaching job and won't be owning the Browns
More from Sports
- John Terry, Didier Drogba and Gary Cahill Celebrate Title Win At Swanky West London Club
- John Terry Offers Condolences To Rio Ferdinand After Death Of His Wife
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
- NFL Champions Steve Weatherford And Sidney Rice To Donate Brains To Science
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”