- M&S fashions are savaged by store's former designer Muriel Conway
- Harry Shearer signs $13m deal to return to The Simpsons after quitting this year
- 80 firefighters battle east London blaze as smoke is seen nearly 30 miles away
- Emma and James agreed to marry for reality TV show Married At First Sight
- Woman dies after Indian police 'set fire to her for failing to pay bribes'
- Nicholas Baer, 12, struck by plane on crowded beach pictured for the first time in hospital
- Ohio Woman arrested after 'calling 911 to complain about her Chinese food order'
- Cocaine worth $6.5million stuffed inside private jet unsuccessfully smuggled from Venezuela
- University of Memphis Professor who left after racist tweets hired by Rhodes College
- Hero the dog from Istanbul takes 5k-mile journey to a forever home in Georgia
Jon Gruden hasn't been offered Vols coaching job and won't be owning the Browns
More from Sports
- John Terry, Didier Drogba and Gary Cahill Celebrate Title Win At Swanky West London Club
- John Terry Offers Condolences To Rio Ferdinand After Death Of His Wife
- Rio Ferdinand's Wife Dies After A Short Battle With Cancer
- Mayweather Puts Reward Over Record
- Louis Van Gaal Should Be Crowned Manager Of The Year
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”