- One person killed in Greeneville collision
- 'Kim Kardashian can't eat burgers and Heidi Klum is no spring chicken': Carl's Jr. CEO opens up about brand's commercials and the best and worst models he has hired
- Indiana woman who was youngest death row inmate after being sentenced at 16 before she was freed following international appeal committed suicide at age 45 and left behind note, police say
- Silk Road website creator gets life term for drug plot
- After reporter killed, illegal dirt bikes in D.C. create debate
- Doctors Optimistic for Injured ERHS Student
- Tom Conti puts home he bought for £165k on market for £17.5million
- MPs back demand for Olive's Law to prevent charities hounding elderly: Poppy seller took her own life after being inundated with letters asking for money
- £230k BBC boss pays £800 of taxpayers' cash for seven taxi rides: Mark Linsey accused of 'frittering away' money on lengthy cab rides
- Retired experimental physicist, 92, who found the God Particle auctions his 1988 Nobel Prize for $765,000 'because it had just been sitting on a shelf'
Jon Gruden hasn't been offered Vols coaching job and won't be owning the Browns
More from Sports
- John Terry, Didier Drogba and Gary Cahill Celebrate Title Win At Swanky West London Club
- John Terry Offers Condolences To Rio Ferdinand After Death Of His Wife
- Rio Ferdinand's Wife Dies After A Short Battle With Cancer
- Mayweather Puts Reward Over Record
- Louis Van Gaal Should Be Crowned Manager Of The Year
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”