- Golden Retriever puppy in a tub paddling furiously but not going anywhere
- Ohio father pens letter to his daughter with Down syndrome on her wedding day
- US defense secretary Ash Carter warns North Korea against attacking South Korea
- Football team that BAPTISES players on field under fire from anti-religion activists
- Mumbai acid attack victim Reshma stars in 'Make Love Not Scars' video
- Pennsylvania parents ask judge to stop 48-year-old's gender reassignment surgery
- Charlotte Simone video sees elderly women running riot in the streets
- Idanha Mayor Cletus Moore in Oregon arrested for meth possession for the second time
- Floyd 'Money' Mayweather uploads video of him casually loading $1m into a bag
- Apple's TV box will cost $149 and let you search for movies and TV shows ANYWHERE
Jon Gruden hasn't been offered Vols coaching job and won't be owning the Browns
More from Sports
- Barcelona are the 'best club in the world' but I needed a new challenge at Chelsea, says Pedro
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
- NFL Champions Steve Weatherford And Sidney Rice To Donate Brains To Science
- After Court-Clearing Brawl, Tornike Shengelia Shows He's Actually Human
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”