- 5 displaced by house fire in Richmond's Southside
- Orange boss sees end to French telecom price war
- Iraqi army battles Islamic State militants near Fallujah
- Risk and worry await S. Korea work to lift doomed ferry
- Tensions as Burundi president to launch contested re-election bid
- Holder Levy in four-way tie for China Open lead
- Kathmandu hospital says 36 bodies counted so far from quake
- Super 15 results and standings
- Brain fade behind own goal, pm says
- How London is being sold off to Qatar
Dwight Howard Custody: Royce Reed Wants $100K in Legal Fees
More from Sports
Royce Reed, the mother of Dwight Howard’s young son, wants the NBA star to pay the $100,00 in legal fees related to the couple’s nasty custody, TMZ reported on Monday, Nov. 26.
Royce Reed, a former “Basketball Wives” star and Orlando Magic dancer, says that she is currently strapped for cash and that Howard earns over $1.3 million per month. Reed filed documents in Florida asking a judge to make Dwight pay her legal fees, claiming that she cannot afford them. Dwight Howard filed for sole custody of the couple’s son, 5-year-old Braylon Howard, earlier this year.
In the documents, Royce’s attorney makes the claim that Reed is buried in legal fees and will eventually have to drop out of the custody battle. Furthermore, the documents claim that Royce Reed has already incurred $44,113.50 in legal expenses, and will spend another $60,000 plus if the Reed and Howard child custody battle continues, for a grand total of $106,621.80 in legal fees.
A judge has not yet ruled on Royce Reed's motion against Dwight Howard.