- Father attacks his 3-year-old daughter Jamila Smith's murderer in Detroit court
- Indian woman sentenced to rape for brother's actions speaks out
- Disgraced former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle sues the director of his charity - who was also arrested on child porn charges - over $191,000 unpaid personal loan
- Tom Brady court sketch artist takes second stab at nailing those dimples after weeks of practice...and this time she gets a wave and a 'thank you' from the quarterback himself
- Mother, 22, says she 'drowned her twin 2-year-old sons in a bathtub' because 'no one loved them or her'
- ‘There is no group that would be happier to see such a thing’: Nasa hits out at UFO hunters who say they have found strange creatures on Mars
- Apple will let you talk to your TV and take on the Xbox and PlayStation with new $200 set top box to be unveiled next week
- African 'white elephant' coats himself in clay and mud to keep cool in heat of savannah
- North Dakota mother Sherri Dickson, 51, gives birth to her granddaughter
- John Legend and Cyndi Lauper among artists to write for SpongeBob musical
Toronto Blue Jays Shortstop Wears Homophobic Slur on Eye Black
More from Sports
- Barcelona are the 'best club in the world' but I needed a new challenge at Chelsea, says Pedro
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
- NFL Champions Steve Weatherford And Sidney Rice To Donate Brains To Science
- After Court-Clearing Brawl, Tornike Shengelia Shows He's Actually Human
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar played a game Saturday against the Boston Red Sox with a homophobic slur on his eye black written in Spanish.
Escobar had the words "Tu ere maricon" scrawled across the sun reflectors underneath his eyes. In English, the phrase - while grammatically incorrect ("Tu eres" is you are in Spanish) - translates loosely to "You are a f----t."
Major League Baseball told ESPN the league is investigating the situation.
It is unclear whether or not Escobar wrote the words himself or was the victim of a poor taste practical joke.
What is also unclear is why Escobar wore any eye black at all. In photos from the game he also has sunglasses on top of his hat, to say nothing of the fact that the game was in Rogers Centre, which at least part of the time is a domed stadium and appeared shady in Saturday's game photos.
Escobar batted fifth and went 1 for 4 with an RBI Saturday in a 3-2 loss. He was scratched from the Blue Jays lineup on Sunday due to "flu-like symptoms."