- 1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Northern Arizona University
- California beauty queen was busted for allegedly making child pornography with a 4-year-old
- What is lupus? Selena Gomez diagnosis prompts questions in the wake of the pop singer's announcement that she's been diagnosed with the disease
- British film star Daniel Craig earns his living playing parts, but who knew he had such a flair for the dramatic? he’d rather “slash his wrists” than resume the role
- Bella Hadid turns 19 today and, while at this point it feels as though she's always been a part of the It girl conversation, she actually just burst on the scene barely a year ago
- Justin Bieber appeared as confident as ever as he was pictured on the same day after full-frontal photos of him enjoying a skinny-dipping session in Bora Bora
- Justin Bieber has picked a fight he may want to avoid after upsetting Ronda Rousey by dissing her sister
- Search in Kentucky's Red River Gorge area for 2 missing boys
- Truck falls from overpass near nation's capital; 1 dead
- US STOCKS-Wall St rises as chances of 2015 rate hike fade
3 Arrested in Montee Ball Attack
More from Sports
- Jurgen Klopp unveiled at Liverpool FC LIVE: All the latest as German boss arrives at Anfield
- Arsenal's Per Mertesacker enjoys 'synchronised football' with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney on Twitter
- Barcelona are the 'best club in the world' but I needed a new challenge at Chelsea, says Pedro
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
MADISON, Wis. -- Three suspects accused of assaulting Wisconsin running back Montee Ball were arrested Tuesday, nearly a month after the Heisman Trophy finalist suffered a concussion during an early-morning attack near campus.
Three 21-year-old men from Madison are facing battery charges but haven't formally been charged, according to a police report. Authorities have said Ball sustained a concussion when he was attacked by several men in Madison on Aug. 1.
According to the police report, all three arrested -- Wendell J. Venerable, Deonte J. Wilson and Robert A. Wilks -- face charges for substantial battery-party to a crime.
Police have said the attack may have been related to an altercation at a house party that Ball attended a few days earlier, though detectives say they have no evidence suggesting Ball was involved in that fight. The altercation is still being investigated, according to the police report.
Ball, a Heisman finalist last season as a junior, has denied any involvement in the fight and says he hopes to be ready for the season opener.
According to police, Ball was walking down a street around 2:15 a.m. Aug. 1 when two friends walking ahead of him turned around and saw him on the ground, surrounded by several men who were kicking him in the head and chest. The attackers fled when one of his friends and a man across the street moved to help him.
Ball had a stellar season last year, scoring 39 touchdowns to tie Barry Sanders' NCAA record. He finished the year with 1,923 yards rushing and 2,229 all-purpose yards, second in Wisconsin history only to Ron Dayne's 2,242 yards in 1996. Ball capped the season by rushing for 164 yards and a touchdown in the Badgers' 45-38 loss to Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
He announced days after the bowl game he would return for his senior season after NFL evaluators told him he likely would have been a third-round pick.