- WorldViews: Sweden is about to add a gender-neutral pronoun to its official dictionary
- The shameless father who's got 40 children by 20 women says: 'I'll never stop because God says go forth and multiply'
- 'I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal': Teen gets revenge on Duke after college turned her down by replying with rejection letter of her own
- Part of wing torn off as two Ryanair planes collide while taxiing to runway at Dublin Airport
- Texas' Martha's Miniatures accuses woman of 'child abuse' for letting daughter buy suit
- Extreme security measures used to keep details of forthcoming Girl With The Dragon Tattoo sequel secret are revealed
- Mexican hospital where Australian woman died getting buttock implants has been closed down
- Father of teenage jihadist arrested in Turkey works in Ministry of Defence post office and has access to personal details of all British military personnel
- Middle school students suspended after posting teachers mugshot on social media after she was arrested for driving with an invalid licence
- Henry VII's four-poster bed dumped in a hotel car park and sold for £2,200 - but now it's confirmed as the real thing and could be worth £20million
3 Arrested in Montee Ball Attack
- Dez Bryant Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges
- Cardinals Cause Havoc And Disruption, But Defense Is Real Deal
- Bill O'Brien's Contract Extends 4 Years, Length of Penn State Ban
- Cowboys and Eagles Rivalry Heats Up With Birthday Tweet for Michael Vick
- Roger Bannister the Ideal Choice to Ignite Olympic Torch
More from Sports
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
- NFL Champions Steve Weatherford And Sidney Rice To Donate Brains To Science
- After Court-Clearing Brawl, Tornike Shengelia Shows He's Actually Human
- Detroit Pistons Dancer Makes Backward Half-Court Shot Like A Pro
MADISON, Wis. -- Three suspects accused of assaulting Wisconsin running back Montee Ball were arrested Tuesday, nearly a month after the Heisman Trophy finalist suffered a concussion during an early-morning attack near campus.
Three 21-year-old men from Madison are facing battery charges but haven't formally been charged, according to a police report. Authorities have said Ball sustained a concussion when he was attacked by several men in Madison on Aug. 1.
According to the police report, all three arrested -- Wendell J. Venerable, Deonte J. Wilson and Robert A. Wilks -- face charges for substantial battery-party to a crime.
Police have said the attack may have been related to an altercation at a house party that Ball attended a few days earlier, though detectives say they have no evidence suggesting Ball was involved in that fight. The altercation is still being investigated, according to the police report.
Ball, a Heisman finalist last season as a junior, has denied any involvement in the fight and says he hopes to be ready for the season opener.
According to police, Ball was walking down a street around 2:15 a.m. Aug. 1 when two friends walking ahead of him turned around and saw him on the ground, surrounded by several men who were kicking him in the head and chest. The attackers fled when one of his friends and a man across the street moved to help him.
Ball had a stellar season last year, scoring 39 touchdowns to tie Barry Sanders' NCAA record. He finished the year with 1,923 yards rushing and 2,229 all-purpose yards, second in Wisconsin history only to Ron Dayne's 2,242 yards in 1996. Ball capped the season by rushing for 164 yards and a touchdown in the Badgers' 45-38 loss to Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
He announced days after the bowl game he would return for his senior season after NFL evaluators told him he likely would have been a third-round pick.