- Bond between Queensland girl born with one arm and her three-legged dog
- Californians rush to out each other on drought shaming sites and social media
- Schoolboy jailed for 40 days by police for throwing a SNOWBALL before charges were dropped
- Atlanta woman Stefanie Ballard's mysterious illness baffles doctors
- Amal Clooney in last-ditch legal bid to save life of hated son of Colonel Gadafi who was sentenced to death in Libya last week
- 'She is a good snuggler but likes to be the boss': Woman leaving behind beloved cat Susie writes sweet letter to new owner
- Baltimore killings soar to a level unseen in 43 years
- Reporter for local news station is shocked by 'videobomber' during live report
- Joe Biden's late son Beau urged him to run for president
- Has a poacher killed Cecil's brother? Zimbabwe park claims ANOTHER lion has been shot dead - and it may be cub protector Jericho
Adam Scott Ties Record, Tiger Woods Starts Hot
More from Sports
- John Terry, Didier Drogba and Gary Cahill Celebrate Title Win At Swanky West London Club
- John Terry Offers Condolences To Rio Ferdinand After Death Of His Wife
- Bulls Center Derrick Rose Opens Up About Gun Violence In Joakim Noah's New Documentary
- Professional NBA Player Fell Asleep Or Something While Playing Defense
- NFL Champions Steve Weatherford And Sidney Rice To Donate Brains To Science
LYTHAM ST. ANNES, England — Adam Scott has tied a course record by shooting a 6-under 64 in the opening round of the British Open.
Taking advantage of perfect conditions at Royal Lytham & St. Annes, the Australian bounced back from a bogey at No. 3 with eight birdies over the next 13 holes. That put him in position to tie the record for lowest score in the Open or any other major (63), or even break the record with one more birdie.
Scott settled for par at the 17th, then took a bogey on the final hole after an errant tee shot into the thick rough. Still, he went to the clubhouse having tied the 64 that Tom Lehman shot at Lytham in 1996.
Paul Lawrie, the 1999 Open champion, posted a 65.