- Baltimore Looks To Relaunch Speed Camera Program
- Frederick County Considers Reuse Plan For Ex-presidential Retreat
- Think You Would Never Leave Your kid in a Car? One Mother's Tragic story.
- Pittsylvania County Sheriff's Office Looking for Missing Teenager
- Companies in cathode ray tube price fixing lawsuit reach $528 million deal
- 3M's new technology chief has a bigger budget, bigger goal
- Apollo plan on cheaper green energy seeks global backing
- Ellen Pao will appeal gender discrimination case against Kleiner
- Wall of Justice helps search for fugitives around the D.C. area
- Is Senate inaction making us less safe?
More from Recipes
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6