- Russia launches Arctic sea land-grab bid to the UN to claim territories
- Barack Obama to channel JF Kennedy in speech promoting his Iran nuclear deal
- Why women are the colder sex as it's revealed air conditioning in offices is too chilly.
- Kellogg's Corn Flakes invented to stop masturbation and sexual desire
- The Pill could protect against womb cancer for five decades
- Frank Sinatra's nightwith Jackie O and why was only his second greatest conquest
- Road rage attack caught on camera shows California man being run over
- Muslim man Ali Muhammad Brown accused of killing 4 men pleads NOT guilty to murder
- Florida police dispatcher Amanda Chandler 'had sexual relationship with 11-year-old'
- Elon Musk withdraws Talulah Riley divorce papers after being spotted at Allen & Company conference
More from Recipes
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6