- Germany's Merkel warns EU against migrant crisis nationalism
- China Open men's singles results
- Honduras soccer official, others face U.S. money laundering charges
- Ethan Hawke to run NYC Marathon with wife for charity
- Hurricane Joaquin weakening in the Atlantic
- O'Neill would settle for play-off place
- Climate change risks endemic conflict, migration, says new defence think-tank chief
- Pop, country singer Billy Joe Royal dies at age 73
- Government tests technology to find illegal drone operators
- MSF wants humanitarian commission activated to probe Kunduz bombing
More from Recipes
- Inside Chefs' Fridges reveals the exotic (and sometimes mundane) ingredients
- Now they even want to BAN bacon sarnies writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN
- The 9 foods shown to help prevent breast cancer, from tomatoes to edamame beans...
- Coventry mother with Selective Eating Disorder lived on egg and chips for 30 YEARS
- Etiquette expert William Hanson reveals the 10 things snubbed at the dinner table
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6