- Judge Jackson Kiser says Virginia can ban future Confederate license plates
- Narges Shafeirad charged with killing son with drug overdose and torching car
- NYC mums still panhandling with kids despite promises from Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Stephanie McCrea pleads guilty to rape after admitting she had sex with student
- Map reveals how stars travel the Milky Way
- Cynthia Anderson gets probation for drowning puppy in Nebraska airport toilet
- Microsoft buys into Uber as funding values firm at $51 BILLION
- Microsoft admits it is struggling with 'unprecedented' demand for Windows 10
- 2 men arrested in shooting death of Daniel Munoz in California
- Parents angry about new Legos that have an old man in a wheelchair
Skinny Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
More from Recipes
Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1 mushroom • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 34.7 • Fat: 1.5 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 3.2 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.7
Sodium: 58.3 (without salt)
14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
4 cups fresh baby spinach
4 slices center cut bacon
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Smart Balance cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.
Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.
Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.