- New York City flooded with cops in Fourth of July Security alert: Seven thousand officers assigned to potential targets amid a rise in terrorist 'chatter' and fears of attack by homegrown ISIS extremists
- Hospital seizes baby from UK mother and demands she takes DNA test to prove she's hers: Dental nurse says she is being treated 'like a baby thief
- Touching photo shows orphaned daughter of former All Black star Jerry Collins draped in her dad’s old Hurricanes jersey and fed by his former teammate as his old team gets set to play in Grand Final
- Popular Google millionaire and controversial landlord who found himself at the center of San Francisco anti-gentrification protests dies of cancer at 46
- George Takei apologizes for calling Justice Clarence Thomas a 'clown in blackface'
- Title frustration continues for error-prone Hurricanes
- Saudi says wanted militant killed in exchange of fire
- Taiwan president remembers Nationalist victory in Sino-Japan war
- Fidel Castro, 88, visits cheese-makers in rare public appearance
- Motor racing-Formula One British Grand Prix starting grid
Skinny Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
More from Recipes
Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1 mushroom • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 34.7 • Fat: 1.5 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 3.2 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.7
Sodium: 58.3 (without salt)
14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
4 cups fresh baby spinach
4 slices center cut bacon
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Smart Balance cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.
Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.
Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.