- D.C. Water crews work to repair Northwest water main rupture
- D.C. to start selling new scratch-off lottery tickets
- At Hopkins, Science Gets Social
- Reality Series, ‘Our Little Family,’ Stars An Arnold Family
- A not so Happy Birthday: Scipio the dog cries at his owner's version of celebratory song
- Battered and bruised football pundit Clarke Carlisle back home six weeks after he was hit by a lorry
- Bernadette Chirac takes revenge on philandering former president Jacques Chirac
- Infographic reveals the real cost of owning a superyacht
- Shopping channel host apologizes for shaming black model's hairstyle live on air
- NASA launches satellite to measure soil moisture
Skinny Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
More from Recipes
Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1 mushroom • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 34.7 • Fat: 1.5 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 3.2 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.7
Sodium: 58.3 (without salt)
14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
4 cups fresh baby spinach
4 slices center cut bacon
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Smart Balance cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.
Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.
Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.