- Governor & top state officials disclose gifts
- More Bang For Your Buck: Get the most for your clothing resale
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Abingdon man admits to having child porn on his phone
- Understanding the ACA and Health Insurance Marketplace
- Ronald McDonald House decks the halls for Christmas
- ETSU Football schedule for 2015 released
- Virginia standardized test structure changes
- New charges against John Battle teacher
- Domestic violence call ended in standoff, charges
Ginger Scallion Egg-Drop Soup
More from Recipes
yield: Makes 2 servings (light main course) or 4 servings (first course)
active time: 15 min
total time: 45 min
It's only natural to use leftover chicken broth (from Blade Steaks with Rosemary White–Bean Purée ) to make chicken soup. But what a soup! Steeping... more ›
6 scallions, divided
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (2-inch) piece peeled ginger, sliced
1 skinless boneless chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
Asian sesame oil
Smash 3 scallions and cut into 2-inch pieces, then put in a 2-quart saucepan with water, broth, ginger, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, then poach chicken at a bare simmer, uncovered, until just cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let broth steep, covered, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop remaining 3 scallions and shred chicken.
Discard scallions and ginger from broth and bring to a brisk simmer. Add beaten eggs in a slow stream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in scallions, chicken, and white pepper (if using). Serve drizzled with sesame oil.
Jackie Chan's cameraman, 51, drowns in Hong Kong while filming the action-comedy Skiptrace that also stars Johnny Knoxville
Library of Congress names Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Big Lebowski among cinematic treasures picked for long-term preservation
Hollywood studio pulls the plug on Steve Carell's new movie Pyongyang just hours before Sony scraps release of The Interview
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.