- Vic Liberals and Labor hold state meetings
- Kate performs final pre-baby visits
- Cameron boosted by tv debate 'win'
- 'home alone' arrest made every day
- Policeman arrested over wife murder
- New Zealand seeking to one-up 'big brother' Australia
- Payne over zayn but we're not over
- Chinese NGO considering legal action over police raid
- Motor racing-Rosberg fastest, Hamilton suffers engine issue
- Malcolm Fraser remembered
Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
More from Recipes
5 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar, divided $
3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
6 3/4 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened $
2 large eggs $
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh blueberries $
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture; toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.