- D.C. Water crews work to repair Northwest water main rupture
- D.C. to start selling new scratch-off lottery tickets
- At Hopkins, Science Gets Social
- Reality Series, ‘Our Little Family,’ Stars An Arnold Family
- A not so Happy Birthday: Scipio the dog cries at his owner's version of celebratory song
- Battered and bruised football pundit Clarke Carlisle back home six weeks after he was hit by a lorry
- Bernadette Chirac takes revenge on philandering former president Jacques Chirac
- Infographic reveals the real cost of owning a superyacht
- Shopping channel host apologizes for shaming black model's hairstyle live on air
- NASA launches satellite to measure soil moisture
Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
More from Recipes
5 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar, divided $
3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
6 3/4 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened $
2 large eggs $
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh blueberries $
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture; toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.