- VA families call for improvements in missing person cases
- Drivers injured in 2-car crash involving Henrico PD
- Rayvon Owen and American Idol Top 5 coming to Richmond
- Henrico grandmother struck by lightning at Pocahontas MS
- Facebook's Seattle site leader leaves company
- Samsung Elec says new South Korea chip plant to start production in first half of 2017
- WEATHER BLOG: Pleasant Day
- An Emmy award-winning producer and a top government aide who wanted to be a US Senator - but how many more of the Southern LA elite are in the 'Masonic Police'?
- Great white shark pinged off Delmarva coast
- Howard University PhD student missing after 'slugging' to school
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More from Recipes
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.