- Nigerian former oil minister Alison-Madueke has cancer - lawyer
- Turkish editor jailed pending trial for insulting Erdogan- media
- No dangerous precedent over McIlroy - tour chief
- Questions, answers about the federal campus safety law
- Pre-election violence in Guinea kills 3, injures 50
- Fear and respect: VW's culture under Winterkorn
- Australia and Wales eye more than just bragging rights
- Oklahoma feels another moderate magnitude earthquake
- Police ID man killed in confrontation with police in Md.
- Civil trial against Wisconsin gun shop enters final week
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More from Recipes
- Photography series shows how Pizza Hut restaurants have changed
- Which chef had an octopus on his head and why? 30-question quiz that reveals if you're a REAL foodie
- Is Nigella Lawson's favourite the avocado a super food or just super fattening?
- Inside Chefs' Fridges reveals the exotic (and sometimes mundane) ingredients
- Now they even want to BAN bacon sarnies writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.