- India’s Modi welcomes Obama with a big hug
- Late-night search party of friends using only the light from their mobile phones find tragic schoolgirl, 15, hanged
- Viscount Astor warns of the danger of fixing overseas aid targets in law
- Japanese hostage displays grim photo of friend's beheading the day after deadline passed for the £130million ransom to release them
- Thirteen former SAS soldiers face trial over 'shoot-to-kill' deaths of IRA suspects in a series of covert operations 30 years ago
- The Alice in Wonderland mansion... with a surreal price tag to match: £4.25million five-storey townhouse which inspired Lewis Carroll is up for sale
- Patriots release internal findings on Deflategate as Bill Belichick says climate is to blame for deflated footballs and the team 'followed the rules of the game to the letter'
- 'Eco' bulbs that aren't green and only last weeks... but maker insists eco stands for economy
- Donald Trump considers running for president of US
- Forget that funny pet video, the highest YouTube earner is a faceless woman who makes nearly $5 million by opening toys
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More from Recipes
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.