- 3 UVa graduates sue Rolling Stone over retracted rape story
- DAY AHEAD: Taliban fighter trial begins in Richmond
- Two-vehicle accident knocks out power to thousands in Henrico
- Suspicious object briefly closes part of Midlothian Turnpike
- Police ID victim after early morning crash in Goochland
- Police: Man named Huckleberry Finn charged with sex assault
- Cincinnati cop pleads not guilty to murder in traffic stop
- Bond set at $1 million for cop turned murder suspect
- Mechanicsville truck driver wins $91.8M lottery in PA
- Facebook profit falls 9 percent as costs soar
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More from Recipes
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.