- Stabbing Victim's Family Holds Vigil
- Emails Between Rolling Stone Author, UVA Officials
- AP Sources: 2nd NYC Cop Killed in Ambush Shooting
- AP Source: US Seeks China's Help after Cyberattack
- Japan’s pet owners shower furry ones with holiday gifts, cakes and even vacations
- Farage 'abused power' to save Ukip candidate in racism storm: Email reveals he overturned ban on party 'golden boy'
- Police warn pickpockets in the only language they understand... Romanian: Sign placed in Covent Garden during Christmas shopping rush
- Is this the most selfless mother of all?: Inspiring courage of the British Army Colonel who left her young children at Christmas to fight ebola in Sierra Leone
- 'Weak' Miliband blasted for giving immigration rebel plum job after he threatened to walk out of Shadow Cabinet
- Two New York police officers shot in Brooklyn
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More from Recipes
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.