- Local firefighter remembered for dedication
- Charity Bowling Tournament Raises Thousands for Local Woman with Cancer
- Psychologist Explains Cases of Elderly Murder-Suicide
- Seeing your friends and family often might make you happier but it WON'T make you live longer, researchers find in new study
- Police chief describes unseen video of Forrest Hayes' death
- Job-seekers create crazy CVs to help their applications stand out from the crowd
- Storms packing a one-two punch are bringing snow, cold to start the week
- 3 wounded, 1 critical in shooting at house in Clinton, Md.
- Obama, Modi declare era of 'new trust' in US-India relations
- Final Victim Hasn’t Been Found In Annapolis Mansion Fire
Daryl Hannah Blames Sea for Plastic Surgery Failure
More from Plastic Surgeries
- Amanda Bynes Claims to Have Gotten Another Nose Job
- Has Hayden Panettiere Had a Secret Boob Job?
- Dancer Who Spent $15,000 on Butt Injections Tries to Cure Woman Addicted to Them
- Has Taylor Swift Had a Secret Boob Job?
- 'I Have Botox Every Seven Months': Kelly Ripa Reveals Her Secret to Looking Youthful at 42
NO, NOT ME
Actress Daryl Hannah, 49, says a dip in the ocean, not a visit to a plastic surgeon, made her face look so puffy last year that people concluded she had had cosmetic injections or a facelift.
Despite that claim, she looked much the same this past May, whether that’s because of cosmetic procedures or simply the effects of age. (See photo at right.)
Last year’s change in her appearance was so striking that she landed lists of “worst plastic surgeries” and this blog’s post about “Insights from stars’ plastic surgery nightmares.”
Dr. John Di Saia of San Clemente and Anaheim said she looked “freshly post-op or had a ton of facial fillers.”
Plastic surgeon Dr. Sherrell J. Aston of Manhattan noted her “very swollen face either from surgery or injections or both. … Her lips are a bit lopsided and over inflated. Hopefully she has been given material that is not permanent.”
Plastic surgeon Dr. Paul S. Nassif of Beverly Hills said she had “extensive fat grafting, especially to the cheeks and lower eyes. She’s had her eyes done, as well as a chin implant and Botox injections. Her lips have been injected with either fat or a filler or silicone. All together, the results are very unnatural.”
But in an interview with Britain’s Daily Mail, she denied having cosmetic surgery. She said:
“There was a picture taken a while ago of me emerging from the ocean, with my hair slicked back and no make-up on. I looked as though I had puffy, squinty eyes and the rumour went round I’d had work done; I lost jobs because of it and I thought about suing, but in the States you have to prove malicious intent.”
The interviewer didn’t clarify whether Hannah was saying that she had not had Botox or filler injections, or merely was saying she hadn’t had plastic surgery. The interviewer said:
“I finally broach the subject of cosmetic surgery. Daryl emphatically denies it (although, later, it occurs to me that Botox isn’t strictly speaking cosmetic surgery and maybe I asked the wrong question).”
Hannah had harsh words for people who have plastic surgery. She said:
“There are so many people in LA who have had cosmetic surgery and they all look like Muppets.”
But she admits that she sometimes thinks about what plastic surgery could do for her. She said:
“I’ve got a little jowly, and sometimes I look in the mirror and think, ‘Oh my God,’ but I am too much of a coward to go under a surgeon’s knife for something that wasn’t life-saving. I’ve had knee and elbow operations, and I’ve broken my back three times, riding and performing movie stunts, and that gives you an appreciation of your body.”
Hannah’s denial has been greeted with skepticism.
“I agree that some plastic surgery patients look like Muppets (mostly due to the recent craze of overplumping lips and cheeks with filler injections),” said plastic surgeon and blogger Dr. Tony Youn. “But Daryl, you looked like one too!”