- Winter weather cancels major youth soccer tournament drawing thousands
- Politifact Virginia: David Brat says education spending up but scores flat
- Stopping Automatic Raises On Maryland’s Gas Tax
- Blue Jays Beat Orioles 5-4
- Orioles Spring Training Update With Dan Connolly
- Valparaiso Forward Alec Peters Shines In Regular Season Finale
- Drew Nicholas Weighs On The Terps Chances Heading Into The Big Ten Tournament
- Orioles All-Star Adam Jones Talks Leadership, Desire To Speak His Mind
- 18-year-old motocross rider shares story of survival
- Carter County animal shelter adopts pet microchips
Pre-Orders of 'Harvest Moon: A New Beginning' Rewarded with Plush Animal
More from Pets
Video game publisher Natsume is offering a cuddly yak plushie as a pre-order incentive to those who reserve fall 2012 game Harvest Moon: A New Beginning via GameStop.
The yak is one of two new animals available in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, the other being a llama.
The farming and life sim retains many classic Harvest Moon traits: growing crops, looking after farm animals and pets, taking part in seasonal festivals and (eventually) raising a family.
In A New Beginning, characters are more customizable with hairdressers and tailors available in town, cats and dogs plump up if theyre not looked after properly, and players can put together house furniture themselves after obtaining a set of instructions along with the right raw materials.
Harvest Moon has been credited with developing the FarmVille formula, years before Facebook was a twinkle in its founder's eye, and Nintendo 3DS game A New Beginning was the series's best ever start when it launched in Japan back in February, selling 81,000 copies in just 3 days.
Natsume said that preordering Harvest Moon: A New Beginning was just one way to get hold of the plushie, with others to be revealed in time; Nintendo's own-brand slice of adorable entertainment Animal Crossing: Jump Out isn't expected until fall 2012 in Japan and 2013 elsewhere.