- Memorial services set for Marion Barry
- Maryland Live! Casino Monday Night Football With Rob Long
- Win A Pizza Boli’s Away Game Party
- Buffalo Wild Wings Best Seats in the House
- CVP – Win A Cancun Getaway
- Mars Supermarket’s Opening Drive Touchdown Sweepstakes
- Mistletoe Meltdown – Train/Daughtry/O.A.R.
- Snow expected for much of western Virginia
- Brave unarmed female Papa Johns manager tackles pair of Ferguson looters
- Passengers told to get out and PUSH their plane after its brakes froze in minus 52C temperatures in Russia
Pre-Orders of 'Harvest Moon: A New Beginning' Rewarded with Plush Animal
More from Pets
- Who says aging is ruff? Captivating photos show dogs in the last years of their lives posing for majestic portraits
- Is the collie really top dog? Canine comparison survey rates each breed to work out which really is man's best friend
- Break Dancing Gorilla at Calgary Zoo
- New Video Demystifies Feline Body Language - and Reveals They Probably DON'T Want Their Tummy Stroked
- Missing Red Panda from National Zoo Found
Video game publisher Natsume is offering a cuddly yak plushie as a pre-order incentive to those who reserve fall 2012 game Harvest Moon: A New Beginning via GameStop.
The yak is one of two new animals available in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, the other being a llama.
The farming and life sim retains many classic Harvest Moon traits: growing crops, looking after farm animals and pets, taking part in seasonal festivals and (eventually) raising a family.
In A New Beginning, characters are more customizable with hairdressers and tailors available in town, cats and dogs plump up if theyre not looked after properly, and players can put together house furniture themselves after obtaining a set of instructions along with the right raw materials.
Harvest Moon has been credited with developing the FarmVille formula, years before Facebook was a twinkle in its founder's eye, and Nintendo 3DS game A New Beginning was the series's best ever start when it launched in Japan back in February, selling 81,000 copies in just 3 days.
Natsume said that preordering Harvest Moon: A New Beginning was just one way to get hold of the plushie, with others to be revealed in time; Nintendo's own-brand slice of adorable entertainment Animal Crossing: Jump Out isn't expected until fall 2012 in Japan and 2013 elsewhere.