- Bill requires restaurants to train on food allergies, symptoms
- Proposal planners arrange extravagant engagements
- Tsarnaev's lawyer said he carried out Boston Marathon bombing, but under brother's influence
- Police chase in Arlington ends after officer dragged
- Budget Draft Submitted to Danville City Council
- Police: Two Men Charged for Alleged Contact with Minors
- WorldViews: Britain bans Israeli tourism ad because it shows Jerusalem’s Old City as part of Israel
- Holidaymakers face three more years of rip-off roaming charges for using mobiles abroad after Brussels decides to KEEP them
- Wish you were here? ISIS releases tourist brochure-style images of bustling food markets in jihadi stronghold of Mosul
- World Health Organisation 'chickens out' of cutting recommended sugar intake - even for children
Assad's Troops Slaughter Children in Syria Playground
More from World News
- Twitter Is Investigating Alleged ISIS Terror Threats Against Its Employees
- Ukraine Conflict Death Toll Passes 6k, UN Human Rights Office Says
- Sierra Leone's Vice President In Quarantine For Ebola
- Crowd Kills Young Girl Suspected To Be Suicide Bomber In Nigeria
- Emails Suggest 'Jihadi John' Was Suicidal
Assad’s troops have wiped out a playground full of children in a town on the outskirts of Damascus, according to The Atlantic Wire.
An airstrike ordered by the Syrian government on Sunday included an attack on a playground in Deir al-Asafir. The cluster bombs were also dropped on several areas in the region. Video footage of the aftermath is easily one of the more disturbing clips you’re likely to encounter online.
“None of those killed were older than 15 years old,” one villager explained. “There are two women among 15 people wounded, mostly hit as they were inside the courtyards of their houses. There were no fighters inside Deir al-Asafir when the bombing occurred. They operate on the outskirts. This was indiscriminate bombing.”
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Locals said the attack on the playground full of children came without warning. Nearly a dozen kids died as a result.
“There were no fighters inside Deir al-Asafir when the bombing occurred. They operate on the outskirts. This was indiscriminate bombing,” the villager added.
The aftermath of the attack is nothing short of horrifying. According to Reuters, bodies of dead children lined the streets. In video embedded below, a woman weeps over a dead child dressed in all purple while others contend with a several bloody bodies inside a nearby car.
Residents of Deir al-Asafir are also having to deal with the large number of unexploded bombs that are still lying around the village. One made said that over 70 cluster bombs have been gathered since the airstrike.
Syrian authorities have yet to comment on the situation. However, several media outlets in the region explained that the government was interested in “cleansing” certain areas of possible terrorists. Since most journalists have been barred from reporting in the country, these reports are still being verified.
Video of the aftermath has been embedded below. Warning: The clip does contain very graphic and disturbing footage.
Do you think the Syrian government should be held accountable for the death of several children after troops wipe out a playground?
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/412346/troops-wipe-out-playground-full-of-children-in-syria-video/#K8sR333Lq6Br4RK2.99