- New rankings out for Richmond area schools
- Ex-CIA officer convicted of leaking secrets to New York Times reporter
- Looks less likely for accumulating snow tonight in D.C. area
- Body of 6th victim of Annapolis mansion fire found by searchers
- The Science Of Footballs
- Closing Arguments Heard In Tavon White Trial
- Last Victim Found In Annapolis Mansion Blaze
- Flaherty and Orioles Agree At $1,075,000, Avoid Arbitration
- Closer Look Into Criminal Past Of Amherst Invasion Suspect
- Court: Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell Will Be Free During Appeal
Assad's Troops Slaughter Children in Syria Playground
More from World News
- Charles Taylor's Sentence Upheld for War Crimes in Sierra Leone
- Was an American Security Team Inside Kenya Massacre Mall?
- French Model Who Starred in Hostage Crisis Film Shot Dead Next to Her Mother as They Parked in Kenya Terror Mall Car Park
- Hostage Crisis Over in Kenya Mall
- $270M Worth of Cocaine Found on Air France Flight
Assad’s troops have wiped out a playground full of children in a town on the outskirts of Damascus, according to The Atlantic Wire.
An airstrike ordered by the Syrian government on Sunday included an attack on a playground in Deir al-Asafir. The cluster bombs were also dropped on several areas in the region. Video footage of the aftermath is easily one of the more disturbing clips you’re likely to encounter online.
“None of those killed were older than 15 years old,” one villager explained. “There are two women among 15 people wounded, mostly hit as they were inside the courtyards of their houses. There were no fighters inside Deir al-Asafir when the bombing occurred. They operate on the outskirts. This was indiscriminate bombing.”
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Locals said the attack on the playground full of children came without warning. Nearly a dozen kids died as a result.
“There were no fighters inside Deir al-Asafir when the bombing occurred. They operate on the outskirts. This was indiscriminate bombing,” the villager added.
The aftermath of the attack is nothing short of horrifying. According to Reuters, bodies of dead children lined the streets. In video embedded below, a woman weeps over a dead child dressed in all purple while others contend with a several bloody bodies inside a nearby car.
Residents of Deir al-Asafir are also having to deal with the large number of unexploded bombs that are still lying around the village. One made said that over 70 cluster bombs have been gathered since the airstrike.
Syrian authorities have yet to comment on the situation. However, several media outlets in the region explained that the government was interested in “cleansing” certain areas of possible terrorists. Since most journalists have been barred from reporting in the country, these reports are still being verified.
Video of the aftermath has been embedded below. Warning: The clip does contain very graphic and disturbing footage.
Do you think the Syrian government should be held accountable for the death of several children after troops wipe out a playground?
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/412346/troops-wipe-out-playground-full-of-children-in-syria-video/#K8sR333Lq6Br4RK2.99