- Odd News
The Smith Mountain Lake Fire & Rescue Department is investigating what sparked a fire that destroyed a lake home on the Bedford County side this morning (Friday, December 7th).
Firefighters tell us the call came in around 8:00 a.m. Neighbor Bette Gove tells WSLS that she spotted a house across the cove smoking, then flames shot from the roof.
When fire crews arrived at the home on Smithview Drive, they found the home burning, electric lines down, and propane tanks venting.
Firefighters rescued a dog from the garage, and say no people were inside.
Members of fire departments from Moneta, Saunders, Huddleston, and Bedford helped with the fire.
I'm working on gathering additional information for WSLS at 6 p.m.