- OLYMPICS-IOC says Tokyo's preparation 'outstanding', costs need watching
- Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Austrian student's privacy battle against Facebook suffers setback
- German Fin Min says new Tsipras offer brings no clarity
- European shares gain on report Greece ready to accept a revised deal
- Saudi's Alwaleed says to give $32 bln to charity in coming years
- Afghan army general accused of drug trafficking
- Airlines rally as UK's FTSE rebounds off 5-1/2 month lows
- Repatriation of British terror victims gets underway
- Events leading to government probe of big-rig hitches
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- 3-year-old boy found dead in swing reportedly died of dehydration, hypothermia
- FDA takes action after hearing complaints about popular birth control
- #WhoIsBurningBlackChurches? Answers hard to find, experts say
- Firefighters battle blaze at black church in SC
- Takoma Park nanny arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.