- Bristol, Va. police test out customized Victory motorcycles
- Tennessee freshman receiver Perry to miss entire season
- Suspect in Houston-area deputy's death had mental evaluation
- Hometown mourners celebrate life of slain TV cameraman
- Valley School's PTA Works To Make Playground Safer
- Manchester benefits cheat caught after she changed her Facebook relationship status
- Woman raped in Cheadle's John Lewis car park by 'pockmarked' attacker
- 'We are the workers' party now': Cameron unveils crackdown on rogue bosses who fail to pay new £7.20 living wage
- Could voice test detect the first signs of Alzheimer's?
- Chipotle sued for false advertising in federal court over GMO-free menu claims
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.