- Alibaba's latest gambit in fighting fakes: foster local brands
- Maryland Wins 2nd Straight NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Title
- 3rd annual Never Forget Memorial Run set for Mon.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in Prince George crash
- South Richmond apartment fire displaces 7
- Pedestrian struck near Stony Point shopping center
- 1 dead in Petersburg triple shooting
- Chesterfield soldier honored with bridge dedication
- On Your Side Alert: Warning about fraudulent emails
- The emotional moment Sikh Samaritan who removed his turban to comfort an injured boy who was hit by a car receives free furniture for his modest apartment
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Will Power for second Indy 500 win
- Road closures impact traffic during Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally
- Toddler falls from 4th floor apartment building in Aspen Hill
- Streets in Cleveland calm a day after protest of patrolman's acquittal
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash and his wife killed in N.J. taxi crash
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.