- Bat boy dies after being struck by bat at KS game
- Person on bike shot in the Fan
- 4 easy steps to protecting your online privacy
- Israel's Nice Systems sells video surveillance unit for $100 million
- Samsung Electronics to create fund for cancer-stricken workers, safety
- EU regulators to decide on NXP, Freescale deal by September 4
- Brain training app could help people with schizophrenia
- Star Trek-style home elevator could replace stairlifts
- Hackers take down part of German federal prosecutor's website
- Buffalo Wild Wings
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- Huckabee criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust
- Obama chides 2016 candidates for 'ridiculous,' 'sad' remarks
- "Black Lives Matter" spray painted on statue of Confederate soldier in Rockville
- Local Maryland officials to host domestic violence roundtable
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, hospitalized in Brazil
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.