- Ferguson mayor: 'National Guard not deployed in time'
- Local law enforcement can learn from Ferguson
- Police search for carjacker who robbed man at Chesterfield Costco
- Eastern Shore Man Killed In Home Invasion
- ‘Santa’s Theme Park’ Set For Kennedy Krieger’s Festival Of Trees Fundraiser
- WEATHER BLOG: Storm Coming
- Checking In From The College Cup
- Former Babysitter of 20-Month-Old That Was Allegedly Murdered Says She's Heartbroken
- Jeffrey Wright to Serve 11 Years for Malicious Wounding
- Warrant reveals Harrington case DNA link to Jesse Matthew
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- Former Washington defensive back Fred Smoot charged with domestic assault on girlfriend
- Michael Brown's family blasts prosecutor's handling of case
- White Sox sign former Nat Adam LaRoche for 2 years, $25M
- Terps to face Cyclones for CBE Classic hoops title
- Condolence book for Marion Barry now open to the public
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.
Sex and the City star Kim Cattrall in row with the mayor of Liverpool over development of city's green spaces
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.