- TRAFFIC ALERT: Tractor-trailer accident on I-95N in south Richmond
- U.S. Supreme Court to hear arguments on same sex marriage
- MTA Maryland Announces Service Changes Due To Police Activity
- Maryland Man Arrested in Death of FBI Police Officer in Virginia
- Mariah Carey Makes Her Official Arrival In Las Vegas Ahead Of Residency
- Two projectiles hit Israeli-occupied Golan, no casualties
- Toksvig bows out as news quiz host
- 'parents key' in toddler obesity
- Japan lawmakers submit casino legalisation bill
- Nine face midnight firing squad in Indonesia, hopes for reprieve gone
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- Washington, D.C. Weather Forecast: More seasonal highs today and Wednesday
- Fatal accident closes part of Van Dorn St. in Alexandria
- Final phase of Silver Line to Dulles delayed until 2019
- ATF agents probe massive 3-alarm fire tied to Baltimore riots
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.