- Part of Woodman Road closed after water main break in Henrico
- Richmond, several Central VA schools on 2-hour delay
- Portion of Highway 107 closed following deadly crash
- At Auschwitz, a nightmare revisited
- Gunmen storm Tripoli luxury hotel
- Prosecutor seeks 26 years for Costa Concordia captain Francesco Schettino
- New fitness regime that promises a new body in four weeks
- Inside London's most opulent rental properties... yours for £1million (but that might only cover a YEAR's rent!)
- Pit Bull dog driven mad by tiny LADYBIRD as it teases him in video
- Children's hilarious reactions as they're tested on Taylor Swift
Jason Chambers, GWU part-time teacher, attacked near Dupont Circle
More from DC
- Facebook suffers widespread outage affecting users on 3 continents
- Dream home nightmare: Veteran Va. couple says construction company duped them out of hundreds of thousands
- Fairfax City?s ?Deer Spay Project? kicks off second year
- Transit union blasts Metro on safety culture after L'Enfant Plaza mishap
- The sweet reason Ovechkin wanted to win an NHL All-Star Game car so badly
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.
Go ahead, live a little! Hilary Duff indulges her sweet tooth by stocking up on cupcakes from Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.
Detox paid off! Gwyneth Paltrow, 42, continues to show her flawless bikini body in Mexico ...following strict January diet.
'I'm an idiot and I'm devastated to have caused offense': British actor Benedict Cumberbatch issues apology after calling black people 'colored' on Tavis Smiley.
Embarrassing moment Miss California contestant suffered a bikini malfunction in the swimsuit round... but somehow still managed to impress the judges.
Chelsea Clinton shows off slimmed post-baby body and a love of COWBOY BOOTS while hosting volunteer event
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.