- - Hong Kong shares rise, cheered by mainland market rebound
- UN, EU urge Thailand to free student protesters, junta leader unmoved
- PRESS DIGEST - Portugal - June 30
- China's ruling Communists recruit fewer members
- Liberia records new death from Ebola
- UK police stage counter-terror training exercise in London
- Islamic State beheads female civilians for first time in Syria - monitor
- UK's Osborne says will take any steps needed to guard against new risks
- Few signs of market panic as Greece nears default
- Sony to raise nearly $4 bln, ramp up sensors business to anchor turnaround
Marion Barry Says DC Has Horrible Viewpoint at DNC
More from DC
- Loudoun County Sheriff's deputies recognized after life-saving actions during attempted suicide
- Md. toll rollback goes into effect July 1
- NBC cuts business ties with Donald Trump
- Heavy delays at Metro Center create long commutes for passengers
- Montomery County School Board passes new policy for handling child abuse cases
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - D.C. Councilman Marion Barry has been vocal on Twitter this week at the Democratic National Convention.
The former mayor has been urging greater action and visibility on the issue of D.C. statehood and voting rights in Congress.
He accuses the DNC of marginalizing the D.C. delegation and said it was wrong that Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton was not given a speaking role at the convention.
Barry Tweeted a link showing an image of the view the D.C. delegates have of the main stage at the DNC.
Buzzfeed.com reports that several states which will likely go for Mitt Romney in November have better views at the arena in Charlotte.