- Local downtown businesses welcomed plenty of Black Friday shoppers
- Would you pay £500,000 for this? Classic car dealer spends more than half a million pounds on personalised number plate
- For sale, a £37,000 teddy bears' picnic: Collector expected to pocket £100,000 from auction of 32 bears
- 32nd Annual Country Christmas Craft show now underway
- Whoville In Jonesborough
- Local artisans show off their wares
- Patients to sue HIV-risk dentist: More than 100 patients of 'dirty' millionaire surgeon could receive payouts of up to £20,000
- He clenched his fist, pumped his lips... a flare of anger in his voice: QUENTIN LETTS sees Dave raise a warning finger to the Van Eurosnoots, yesterday in Parliament
- Britain's STILL on Benefits Street: For years the BBC and the Left have howled about spending cuts - the truth is that welfare and public spending have barely been cut at all
- Koran should be read at Prince Charles' coronation says top bishop
Marion Barry Says DC Has Horrible Viewpoint at DNC
More from DC
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - D.C. Councilman Marion Barry has been vocal on Twitter this week at the Democratic National Convention.
The former mayor has been urging greater action and visibility on the issue of D.C. statehood and voting rights in Congress.
He accuses the DNC of marginalizing the D.C. delegation and said it was wrong that Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton was not given a speaking role at the convention.
Barry Tweeted a link showing an image of the view the D.C. delegates have of the main stage at the DNC.
Buzzfeed.com reports that several states which will likely go for Mitt Romney in November have better views at the arena in Charlotte.