- Rockingham County, Harrisonburg Seeing Continued Population Growth
- Anti-austerity protesters hang a Tory dummy above M60
- Boris Johnson demanded David Cameron give the power to limit migrant numbers
- Kerry Katona ends marriage to third husband George Kay after 13 months
- Nicky Windsor was sent ultrasound PICTURES of the baby she aborted
- UK charity considers cutting off aid for the ‘Jungle’ at Calais after visiting the camp and deciding most migrants had no real reason to leave their home country
- Microsoft unveils SurfaceBook laptop, Surface Pro 4 tablet and new Lumia 950 and 950XL 'superphones' you can also use as a PC
- Kate Hudson's Fabletics fashion wear brand under fire for 'subscription'
- Baby and dog BOTH jump for joy as father gets a very cute welcome
- IMF downgrades global economic forecast as growth falls to slowest pace since the financial crisis
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
- Obama pushes back against Jeb Bush 'stuff happens' statement with new call for gun control 'that might prevent even a handful of these tragic deaths' (even though Jeb wasn't talking about the Oregon gun massacre at all)
- Huckabee criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust
- "Black Lives Matter" spray painted on statue of Confederate soldier in Rockville
- Local Maryland officials to host domestic violence roundtable
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.