- Sandstorm engulfs Jordan's Queen Alia Airport causing travel chaos
- Gwyneth Paltrow didn't name her 'Conscious Uncoupling' post
- US sailor Kristian Saucier charged for taking photos inside nuclear submarine
- Mermaid Melissa swimming with Giant Manta Rays in the Great Barrier Reef
- Is marriage the key to beating alcoholism?
- Detroit officer filmed fleeing from baby skunk as it threatened to spray him
- Terrorist alert issued after 3 drones are spotted above JFK airport
- China Southern flight forced to divert to Amsterdam after 'running out of fuel'
- She's a knockout! Ronda Rousey hits back at body-shamers who called her 'masculine' by proudly wearing a crop top and shorts while celebrating her UFC title victory
- Mystery of 'virgin' shark birth: Female predator did mate... but stored a male's sperm for an astonishing 45 months
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
- Huckabee criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust
- Obama chides 2016 candidates for 'ridiculous,' 'sad' remarks
- "Black Lives Matter" spray painted on statue of Confederate soldier in Rockville
- Local Maryland officials to host domestic violence roundtable
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, hospitalized in Brazil
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.