- GA teens storm Walmart, cause mass destruction
- Suspect pleads guilty to vandalizing monument
- WATCH LIVE: Press conference on Washington Navy Yard lockdown
- Authorities Recover Body Of Missing Silver Spring Boater
- Drew Nicholas On The Impact Of Losing Paul Pierce For The Wizards
- Suspect In DC Mansion Slayings Due In Court
- The Latest: No Shots Fired at Navy Yard, Official Says
- Traffic Pattern Change in Lynchburg Thursday
- Dominion: 29 Landowners Change Their Minds After Lawsuit
- Russians boycott European summit over Finnish blacklist
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.