- Life-Guard Helicopters Have Close Calls with Drones
- Medicare Change Could Set Back Amputees
- Lynchburg College Science Building Renamed After Longtime Physics Professor
- Lynchburg Police Department Conducts Survey To Gauge Community Satisfaction
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victim Hit and Killed By Train as 35-Year-Old Robert Harbridge
- Knifepoint Robbery Suspects Nabbed, Female Companions Not Charged
- Disney Unveils Star Wars Toys Amid Marketing Blitz
- Keezell Building Fire Was Arson
- Valley Family Raising Money for Service Dog
- One Detained After Police Standoff in Harrisonburg
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.