- Tractor Trailer Accident on Interstate 81 in Rockingham County
- Superbugs could kill a million Chinese a year: economist
- Flawless Lee Mi-Rim grabs LPGA Kia Classic lead
- Jury finds ex-San Francisco bank executive guilty of fraud
- No statewide divisions among Wallabies
- Arnold hoping pressure gets to Phoenix
- Upset by Warren, US banks debate halting some campaign donations
- Wrong kitty litter led to radiation leak at New Mexico nuke waste dump
- Miami men's singles round 1 results
- Penrith halves in Knights NRL litmus test
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
- Kentucky overwhelms West Virginia 78-39 in NCAA Sweet 16
- Family 411: College vs. retirement savings
- Edison High girls lacrosse team holds fundraiser to help keep teammate?s family from losing their home
- Man shot multiple times in Alexandria during apparent drug deal gone bad
- City charge dropped against Jesse Matthew to facilitate Hannah Graham murder trial
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.