- Virginia Tech holds off UVA, earns bowl eligibility
- Injury Report: WR Michael Campanaro Close To Return
- Chargers Launch Tough 5-week Stretch vs Ravens
- Black Friday shoppers pack area restaurants
- Hokies win thriller over Virginia
- Inventor creates the Fugu suitcase that triples in size
- A heartwarming tale! Mother and son rob neighbors on Thanksgiving night just hours after the family gave them a turkey dinner!
- Man shoots ex-girlfriend over over the counter of cosmetics department at busy Nordstrom store before killing himself
- Florida man reels in massive 719-pound gator after baiting it to charge with an electronic call
- Mother jailed for scam in which she made her six-year-old son believe he had leukaemia to raise $25,000 in donations and take family on Disney trip
Foreign Girl Jumps Onto Tracks at Metro Center
More from DC
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.
Bollywood star hits out at 26-YEAR jail sentence for blasphemy over mock wedding on Pakistan TV, revealing she feared ordeal would make her miscarry baby boy
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.