- 4 Children, 2 Adults Injured In Early Morning Fire In Harford County
- Serious strain of bird flu wipes out Minnesota turkey flock
- BNSF Freight train carrying crude oil derails in northern Illinois
- Retired cop Sam Piccini launches vending machine business for BULLETS
- Thug who blinded a man by throwing acid in his face has an eye GOUGED out as punishment in Iran
- Russian opposition figure Boris Nemtsov wrote notes the day before he was shot dead
- Pumped full of drugs as his arm is tightly bandaged to reduce blood flow, another 'thief' is maimed by ISIS in photographs revealing how criminals are medically prepared before sickening amputation
- Boy 'excluded' from World Book Day event after dressing Fifty Shades of Grey character
- Unlicensed driver killed his own step-sister in illegal drag race after she was thrown off motorbike she was riding into the path of his car
- How does YOUR state treat women? Minnesota comes out on top in study that ranks all 50 states in quality of life for women
Church Puppeteer Busted in Killing and Eating Children Fantasy
More from Top Stories
By day, Ronald William Brown worked as a puppeteer for churches and Christian kids’ shows with titles like “Joy Junction.”
At night, federal authorities say, he fantasized online about killing and eating children.
Brown, 57, was arrested July 20 on charges of conspiring to kidnap a child and possession of child pornography, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security agents found child porn images – some featuring kids bound and gagged – a missing-child flier and even "images of children that appear to be deceased" when they searched his mobile home in Largo, Fla.
Yet in a clip from “Joy Junction,” Brown’s ventriloquist dummy “Marty” talks about encountering kids who were “looking at some dirty pictures, and they wanted me to look too!”
“I’m glad you remained firm in your belief that looking at those things is wrong,” Brown tells his puppet.
Brown also allegedly had extensive online chats about killing and eating young children.
After Kansas resident Michael Arnett shared a photo of a 3-year-old girl being strangled, Brown said he would like to kill a specific boy at his church in the same manner, according to a criminal complaint.
"I imagine him wiggling and then going still," Brown wrote.
The two men also discussed cooking methods for human flesh and what different body parts tasted like, according to the Times.
Brown told federal agents that he and Arnett "did discuss killing, dismembering and eating" the boy from the church, but said it was “just a fantasy” and he would never hurt anyone.
He said Arnett tried to visit him in Largo, but they did not meet because Brown did not want to make the fantasies a reality.
Brown has no previous criminal record, despite earlier suspicions over boys’ underwear found in his car during a traffic stop and his habit of driving boys around Largo. He is currently being held without bail at the Pinellas County Jail.