- Reflections on Marion Barry: Trailblazer who survived scandal
- Howard County Astronaut Has Launched Into Space
- Watch as lightning strike hits Newcastle building
- Remains of an ancient settlement found on the bottom of the Aegean sea
- SARAH VINE says food writer Jack Monroe sent heartless tweet is 'cruel and such a hypocrite'
- Six Tory Cabinet ministers 'would be ready to quit an unreformed EU'
- Sydney apartment block worth $250M almost sells out in one day
- UVA student leaders respond to 'campus 'rape culture'
- VDOT's snow budget not much different from last year
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
Was Sage Stallone Dealing Painkillers?
More from Top Stories
Authorities reportedly believe Sage Moonblood Stallone was a drug dealer before he died.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ.com it’s a “likely scenario” that the eldest son of Sylvester Stallone was selling Hydrocodone, after dozens of empty prescription pill bottles were found in the 36-year-old’s Los Angeles home.
Officials don’t believe Stallone was an addict.
“He was pudgy, and drug addicts are almost always rail thin,” a law enforcement source told TMZ.com.
At the time of his death, the 5-foot-7 Stallone weighed 188 pounds.
Authorities told the website they didn’t find any Hydrocodone tablets in the actor’s home, but did find several baggies of white powder in his bedroom — which could be the drug in a crushed-up form.
More than 60 big prescription pill bottles, all empty, were also found, enough to hold more than 30,000 pills, according to TMZ.com.
Stallone was found dead of what TMZ.com said was an apparent overdose in his home July 13. Autopsy results have not yet been released.
According to TMZ.com, the actor’s body was found surrounded by cigarette butts and beer cans, and may have been there for days before it was discovered by a housekeeper.
Sylvester Stallone, 66, has since shot down reports that his son was dead for days and surrounded by filth, and asked media to respect the family’s privacy.
“Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son’s memory in full left in peace,” he said in a statement to TMZ.com.
The famed actor has hired a high-profile private investigator to look into the cause of his son’s death, the website reports.