- Voting begins Monday for TDOT overhead sign contest
- Freight Train Kills Pedestrian Outside Culpeper
- Va. Senate Committee Defeats Gun Control Proposals
- Half of all Londoners will be foreign-born by 2031
- Virginia Lottery looking for Super Teachers
- 2 Boys Remain Hospitalized After Falling Through Icy Pond
- College Basketball Quick Hits: Duke, Virginia Escape
- VA Senate Committee Defeats Gun Control Proposals
- Winner Has Yet to Claim Lottery Ticket
- WorldViews: Here’s what Narendra Modi’s fashion says about his politics
Video About How Moms View Their Olympic Kids Goes Viral
More from Top Stories
The 2012 Summer Olympics are just weeks away and a new video has commenters buzzing. Entitled "Kids 2012," the ad features Olympic athletes as kids, a poignant way of showing that even when athletes are grown up and going for the gold, they are still children in the eyes of their mom. It's the latest in an ongoing series by Procter and Gamble. (Full disclosure: P&G is a sponsor of Yahoo! Olympics coverage.)
The video, which has been seen 1.2 million times and counting on YouTube, is clearly a hit. Comments over at YouTube include: "Awesome video!!," "I, for some odd reason? love this ad...and i usually hate them!," and "Yep, i'm? (sp) crying."
P&G's "Team Mom" commercials are, according to The New York Times, "a global serenade" to mothers. The end goal is to sell P&G products, but viewers don't seem to mind, proof a good ad can be something people want to see. One commenter wrote, "This is touching. Saw it on Twitter yesterday but had to come back and check it out. So far, this is the Gold Medal for Olympic commercials."
We think one commenter summed it up best: "This is such a beautiful video! The images of the children are beautiful and the music is? perfect for the video! I've watched it several times and I never tire of watching it and it always makes me tear up each time...I don't know why. I think I'm just a softee at heart when it comes to kids. :)"