- 20 surprising sugar swaps that could help you lose weight
- British holidaymaker, 33, died on Bulgarian skiing trip after snorting super-strength cocaine she bought from club rep for £200
- The View 'decided not to fire Rosie Perez to avoid Ann Curry situation'
- Stuart Broad apologises over 'hypocritical' minimum wage Twitter comments
- Red and Orange Metro lines to experience delays on Saturday
- Police: Woman Ran Over 2 Men at Virginia Auto Dealer
- That'll show them! Mississippi mother, 29, who was told she was too fat and short to be a plus-size model finally lands a contract and features in Vogue
- World's oldest snakes discovered
- David Lammy attacks Labour for trying to 'out-kip Ukip' with leaflet
- Jerquan Dickson shots 15-year-old boy in the arm and leg for throwing snowballs at his car
Ask Rick: Can I use Skype on a Chromebook
More from Tech
- Apple takes high road in China smartphone standoff with Xiaomi
- Apple iPhone sales trample expectations as profit sets global record
- Nintendo halves operating profit view on slack 3DS sales; weak yen lifts net profit
- China regulator blasts Alibaba for illegal business on its sites
- Sony to cut 1,000 jobs in smartphone business: sources
I've bought a Chromebook only to find that I cannot get Skype on it. I'm rather disappointed, as I wanted it for my travels to keep in touch.
Andrew Clayton, by email
Currently there isn’t a version of Skype for the Chromebook but apparently they are working on it. In the meantime there are a couple of workarounds now and in the pipeline. The simplest one is to use a web-based service called imo instant messenger, which should already be on your Chromebook (otherwise https://imo.im/). This lets you log on with your Skype account and exchange messages with your contacts, though at the moment you can’t dial out and make voice calls but you can use video chat, (you may need to install a plugin). Microsoft’s new Hotmail replacement Outlook.com (www.outlook.com/), is promising Skype integration in the very near future, possibly the next few weeks. There is also Google Hangouts (http://goo.gl/ujimo), which is an alternative to Skype for audio and video chatting. Whoever you are calling also needs to be using Hangouts but the advantage over Skype is that up to 10 people can join in; you can also share documents and images and it is completely free.
Go ahead, live a little! Hilary Duff indulges her sweet tooth by stocking up on cupcakes from Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.
Detox paid off! Gwyneth Paltrow, 42, continues to show her flawless bikini body in Mexico ...following strict January diet.
'I'm an idiot and I'm devastated to have caused offense': British actor Benedict Cumberbatch issues apology after calling black people 'colored' on Tavis Smiley.
Embarrassing moment Miss California contestant suffered a bikini malfunction in the swimsuit round... but somehow still managed to impress the judges.
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.