- D.C. religious leaders push Bowser on homelessness, affordable housing
- India to introduce 'tourist carriages' on trains with extra safety features
- Ukip slams 'pathetic' phone app featuring 'Nicholas Fromage' kicking immigrants off white cliffs of Dover to win 'racism' points
- Victims of the Christmas truce - story of two Tommies gunned down by German snipers on Dec 25, 1914 told for the first time
- WEATHER BLOG: Rain Coming
- Monday, December 22, 2014
- Man Who Killed NYPD Officers First Shot Ex-Girlfriend In Md. Apartment
- Rare Leopard To Debut At Maryland Zoo
- How much are YOUR old toys worth?
- Spanish king's sister, Princess Cristina, becomes first member of royal family to stand trial following tax fraud charges over her husband's alleged embezzlement of public funds
TPSA sees Polish telco market tumbling further in 2013
More from Tech
- Activity trackers get smarter at measuring fitness
- Taiwan says Uber 'violating law' by operating without license
- South Korea nuclear plant operator says hacked, but no risk to reactors
- China condemns cyberattacks, but does not mention North Korea
- Xiaomi raising over $1 billion from investors including GIC: source
WARSAW | Fri Dec 7, 2012 8:10am EST
(Reuters) - France Telecom's Polish unit TPSA expects its home telecoms market, which it dominates, to shrink by over seven percent next year because of economic woes and further regulatory cuts in mobile charges, its top executive said.
TPSA, the former state monopolist, already slashed its 2012 outlook and future dividend payout last month due to economic factors and aggressive competitors, dragging its shares to levels unseen in nine years.
In his first interview since the profit warning, Chief Executive Maciej Witucki told Reuters the cuts in intercharge fees among mobile operators - the so-called mobile termination rates (MTRs) - would weigh most on the market in 2013.
"The value of the market will fall also next year," Witucki said. "The MTR cut alone will lower the value of the 30-billion zloty ($9.4 billion) market by 2 billion. Second, further price cuts are possible, especially in the voice segment."
(Reporting by Adrian Krajewski and Pawel Bernat)
Top of the crops! Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX bare their midriffs while performing a racy show at the Jingle Ball
All I Want For Christmas Is You! Elle Macpherson kisses husband Jeffrey Soffer as they cuddle up in Aspen
Olivia Wilde shows off her incredible post-baby body as she wears a skimpy bikini during romantic trip to Hawaii with Jason Sudeikis
Prince Charles branded 'elitist' after writing guide for city architects which rails against concrete, wires, tower blocks and cars
Potty mouth Amy Pascal calls Adam Sandler an 'a**hole' after he pitches new film and an 'a**hole' again for asking for money in leaked emails to Sony executives
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.