- Afghanistan officials investigate reports of Taliban leader’s death
- Backpacker pulled from wreckage of Great Barrier Reef plane crash by her HAIR
- BBC reporter who tried to expose Jimmy Savile scandal claims he has now been ‘forced out’ of his job along with other colleagues ‘on the right side of the argument’
- Hobbit-mad couple transform garden into Middle Earth to get married
- Some migrants who stormed the Channel Tunnel last night DID reach Britain
- Woman arrested at Birmingham Airport on suspicion of travelling to Syria with three children
- Amazing bodycam footage shows the moment two brave police officers face down an attacker wielding an 8in knife
- Gisele Bündchen 'donned a burqa to secretly visit Paris plastic surgeon for $11,000 eye and breast operation'
- Crash test doggy! Dad pulls son across the garden in toy car... only for pooch to get in the way and CRASH straight into vehicle
- Ivy League psychiatrist 'forced patient to become her lover, moved into her $5million apartment and became main beneficiary of her will receiving $2million after her death'
Police Offer $1,000 Reward In Howard County Liquor Store Robbery
More from Baltimore
Reporting Monique Griego
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsHoward County, Laurel, liquor store, Reward, Robbery
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Guinness World Records
Best Celebrity Baby Bumps
The Biggest Nerds In Pop Culture
Celeb Hotties With Great Lips
Stars With Tax Problems
» More Photo Galleries
LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — An armed robbery at a liquor store in Laurel, caught on surveillance video. Now police need your help to catch the thieves.
Monique Griego has reaction from people in the area.
While police are asking for any information to catch the robbers, one business tells WJZ this armed robbery is part of a string of problems, and they want police to do something about it.
A brazen attack at All Saints Liquor In Laurel. Surveillance video shows a masked robber charging in. He hops the counter and points a gun at an employee’s head, and is soon followed by a second suspect also wearing a mask.
“You can see in the video that they put the employees on the floor,” said Sherry Llewellyn, Howard County Police Department. “What we didn’t show you in the video is that he also strikes him in the head with a gun.”
The men raided the registers and another lockbox before taking off. Police say the clerks were closing up around 11 p.m. on May 4.
Suspect number one is seen in a gray hoodie. He is described as a skinny black male, six feet tall wearing Air Jordans. The second robber is also described as a skinny black male, wearing a navy blue hoodie and jeans.
“It’s a challenging case because both suspects have their faces covered,” said Llewellyn. “We’re hoping someone might recognize clothing or even mannerisms of the two so we can make an identification.”
Nearby businesses say the robbery is part of a string of issues in the strip mall.
“A policeman who’s a regular in the area said eight armed robberies in this parking lot, and all people using a community gun,” said Kelly Makowiecki.
Kelly Makowiecki works in the plaza. She hopes this latest robbery gets the attention of police.
“We’re concerned about the safety of not just our staff but our customers, too,” she said.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Howard County Police. There is a $1,000 reward.