- D.C. religious leaders push Bowser on homelessness, affordable housing
- India to introduce 'tourist carriages' on trains with extra safety features
- Ukip slams 'pathetic' phone app featuring 'Nicholas Fromage' kicking immigrants off white cliffs of Dover to win 'racism' points
- Victims of the Christmas truce - story of two Tommies gunned down by German snipers on Dec 25, 1914 told for the first time
- WEATHER BLOG: Rain Coming
- Monday, December 22, 2014
- Man Who Killed NYPD Officers First Shot Ex-Girlfriend In Md. Apartment
- Rare Leopard To Debut At Maryland Zoo
- How much are YOUR old toys worth?
- Spanish king's sister, Princess Cristina, becomes first member of royal family to stand trial following tax fraud charges over her husband's alleged embezzlement of public funds
Police Offer $1,000 Reward In Howard County Liquor Store Robbery
More from Baltimore
Reporting Monique Griego
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsHoward County, Laurel, liquor store, Reward, Robbery
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Guinness World Records
Best Celebrity Baby Bumps
The Biggest Nerds In Pop Culture
Celeb Hotties With Great Lips
Stars With Tax Problems
» More Photo Galleries
LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — An armed robbery at a liquor store in Laurel, caught on surveillance video. Now police need your help to catch the thieves.
Monique Griego has reaction from people in the area.
While police are asking for any information to catch the robbers, one business tells WJZ this armed robbery is part of a string of problems, and they want police to do something about it.
A brazen attack at All Saints Liquor In Laurel. Surveillance video shows a masked robber charging in. He hops the counter and points a gun at an employee’s head, and is soon followed by a second suspect also wearing a mask.
“You can see in the video that they put the employees on the floor,” said Sherry Llewellyn, Howard County Police Department. “What we didn’t show you in the video is that he also strikes him in the head with a gun.”
The men raided the registers and another lockbox before taking off. Police say the clerks were closing up around 11 p.m. on May 4.
Suspect number one is seen in a gray hoodie. He is described as a skinny black male, six feet tall wearing Air Jordans. The second robber is also described as a skinny black male, wearing a navy blue hoodie and jeans.
“It’s a challenging case because both suspects have their faces covered,” said Llewellyn. “We’re hoping someone might recognize clothing or even mannerisms of the two so we can make an identification.”
Nearby businesses say the robbery is part of a string of issues in the strip mall.
“A policeman who’s a regular in the area said eight armed robberies in this parking lot, and all people using a community gun,” said Kelly Makowiecki.
Kelly Makowiecki works in the plaza. She hopes this latest robbery gets the attention of police.
“We’re concerned about the safety of not just our staff but our customers, too,” she said.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Howard County Police. There is a $1,000 reward.