- Chesterfield FD responds to house fire
- On Your Side Alert: Organizing your passwords
- O'Boyle posts 100th win as VCU rolls UTPA
- Woman Charged With Fatally Stabbing Boyfriend In Md.
- Facebook accused of bowing to Putin: Site shuts down page supporting president's rival 'because of pressure from the Kremlin'
- New hope for vaccine against human form of mad cow disease after scientists develop jab for brain-wasting condition in deer
- Wealthy New York socialites who were cleared of abusing their nanny are stuck on luxurious Italy vacation after border officials refuse to let them back on US soil
- Timber CEO shocks company by turning down $1.85million bonus because he believes he didn't earn it
- NYPD officer caught on camera repeatedly punching a 16-year-old black suspect in the back during street arrest is suspended
- 'We don't believe in vengeance, we just forgive': Family of slain NYPD cop FORGIVES cold-blooded assassin saying 'he is in the hands of God now'
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)