- City Officials Plead For Peace Following Violent Night In Baltimore
- Known threat to LAX from ISIS found and group calls for attacks on uniformed personnel
- Sutton's defensive TD helps Orange win Vols' spring game
- ABC 13 Exclusive: Local Man Describes His Own Gender Transition Journey
- Fire Leads to Potential Meth Lab Bust in Montgomery Co.
- Lynchburg Woman Injured While Trying to Push Disabled Vehicle From Road
- Fight at Roanoke Restaurant Results in Shots Fired by Police
- Students remember girl, 16, allegedly stabbed to death by a boy at prom with anniversary celebration in her honor
- Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year -NYT
- Dead newborn dumped at Ohio sorority house
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)