- Funeral for Petersburg Vice Mayor held Thursday
- Va. lawmakers to hear testimony for tougher gun laws Thursday
- Chesterfield teen pistol whipped during armed robbery
- Meet the 31-year-old who won't date anyone under 60
- 'USB audio' is now available on the latest iPhones and Android devices
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is asked about 'Nazi' grandfather at Auschwitz memorial ceremony
- Dishwasher Wars: It causes so many rows: who's best at stacking the dishwasher?
- Fairfax County School Board to discuss $2.6 billion proposed FY 2016 budget, salary increases
- Brittany Ghiroli Thinks This Is The Orioles Roster You Will See Opening Day
- NYC Man Sentenced in VA for Multi-State Fraud, ID Theft
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Jerry Maguire super-agent files for divorce after wife called police on him 'fearing for her life'... But now she says his overly-attached brother is the real reason for split,
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.