- Miner Antofagasta to merge Chilean units Centinela and Encuentro
- Motor racing-Hulkenberg staying with Force India until 2017
- Police officer suspected of staging theft kills himself
- Exiled Tibetan gov't warns China not to meddle in tradition
- Indonesia is better prepared to face global volatility-IMF head
- Germany's Ozil nursing knee injury but should be fit
- UK agency against cybercrime targeted in online attack
- Thai police say arrested man played key role in Bangkok blast
- Afghan forces regain control of a symbolic district in south
- Germany's Merkel says refugees should be distributed fairly across EU
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
- New Poll Shows Ben Carson Tied With Donald Trump Among GOP Voters
- Baltimore City Schools Problem Filling Vacancies Down To The Wire
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair
- Stephen Colbert Announces Week 2 Musical Guests: The Dead Weather, TV On The Radio
- Rays Back Archer With 3 HRs In 6-3 Victory Over Orioles
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)