- Family of Ohio woman sent home during heart attack get $275k compensation
- Water bottles from Malaysia among debris on Reunion Island sent to MH370 investigators
- Boost your iron with a glass of red wine and Bombay mix
- Steven Nincic killed in weekend Wood Dale storm pictured
- How wasp stings can trigger heart attacks
- Russian driver is SHOT AT by road rage motorist's passenger
- PIERS MORGAN: The best tribute Bobbi Kristina's relatives could pay is to shut up
- Kenneth Dale Wakefield admits stabbing and decapitating his wife and two dogs
- It's not Viagra he needs... it's testosterone
- Sailor who fired on Chattanooga shooter could be disciplined
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)