- Governor McAuliffe to ceremonially sign landmark sexual assault bills
- Ford recalls nearly 423,000 vehicles
- #Unsmokeable campaign to keep kids from smoking
- Hundreds of SATs from Loudoun County High School go missing
- Wednesday night high school playoff results
- Clearer powers passed for crime fighters
- Woman arrested over mother's death in SA
- US negotiator in nuke talks with Iran to leave job in summer
- Ricketts vetoes driver's licenses bill for immigrant youth
- Libertadores Cup quarter-final results
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
- David Feherty On AT&T Byron Nelson: ‘I’d Bring Rubber Boots’
- Pentagon: Military Mistakenly Shipped Live Anthrax Samples
- Family Members Of D.C. Mansion Murder Suspect Say He Couldn’t Have Done It
- Study Shows Summer Months Spark Increase In Fatal Accidents Involving Teens
- Woman Adopts Harford County Teen Who Killed Father
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)