- Alligator eats Cody the dachshund at a Florida wildlife refuge despite his owners' brave efforts to rescue him
- English teacher, 24, 'had a month-long tryst with high school junior until he came clean about affair to her colleague'
- Newspaper obituary for boy, THREE, mauled to death by pit bull refers to child's strong 'pimp hand'
- Shakira hits out at Donald Trump as America Ferrera says 'thank you'
- No lion around near my waterhole! Dopey big cat just manages to avoid having its head squashed by an elephant when it drinks on its territory
- David Sweat insists he did NOT have sex with prison guard Joyce Mitchell and claims she wanted escaped inmates to kill her husband
- California proposes bill to pay cheerleaders the minimum wage
- Jennifer Fichter who had sex with 3 students is jailed for 22 YEARS
- San Diego couple married for 75 years die within hours of each other holding hands
- ISIS leader Tariq bin Tahar al-'Awni al-Harzi killed in airstrike in Syria
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)