- Vehicle Collides With MTA Light Rail Train
- Charlottesville Restaurateurs Oppose Tax Increase
- Map shows most popular type of store in each US state
- Leopard ends up with a porcupine's quill up its nose after trying to eat the spikey creature - but it soon gets its own back...
- Mexico captures most wanted drug kingpin 'La Tuta'
- Tech-savvy student, 16, arrested after 'hacking school computer system to improve his grades'
- Farrah Abraham shunned by co-stars in first trailer of Teen Mom OG
- Gisele Bundchen shares heartwarming photo of wedding day as she celebrates sixth anniversary with husband Tom Brady
- Barajas-Mireles' sex slave raped and tortured for two months
- Lara Logan Hospitalized for Diverticulitis, Internal Bleeding
Information From Ambulance Billing Stolen
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAmbulance, Billing System, Frederick, Stolen, theft ring
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Frederick County’s rescue service says account information from the ambulance billing system was stolen and given to a theft ring.
A spokesman for the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services said Friday that the company that provides data services for ambulance service learned in October that information had been illegally accessed.
The company, Advanced Data Processing Inc., said some individual account information had been disclosed to a theft ring suspected of filing fraudulent federal tax returns.
The theft included ambulance data from Frederick County and First Response Medical Transportation Corp.
Advanced Data Processing says it has notified affected people. Anyone who believes they were affected but not contacted are urged to go to www.myidcare.com/intersecurity.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)