- VSP investigating after Tased Culpeper man dies
- Drama outside Henrico courthouse after Morrissey's indictments are dismissed
- Missing Fairfax Co. woman found
- Report: Shaka Smart headed to Austin, TX for meeting
- Euthanasia controversy sparks new law
- Clover Hill HS sprinklers extinguish fire
- Man with 3rd-degree burns airlifted after Appomattox River explosion
- More than $250K worth of drugs in trafficking operation seized from Sterling hotel room
- WEATHER BLOG: Sunny Thursday
- Orioles And Pirates Play To 3-3 Tie In 10 Innings
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.