- Contractor dupes elderly, disabled Md. woman of $321K in life savings, police say
- Area Man Missing in West Virginia
- Emma Thompson and husband Greg Wise are sanctimonious luvvies
- Mother-of-three killed and partner fights for his life after horror crash in Tenerife
- Family comes first for conductor Rattle as he joins the London Symphony Orchestra after months of speculation
- The invention that provides Pacific sunshine in Britain
- Interactive infographic reveals Earth's nuclear stockpile
- A 360 degree view of a solar eclipse from SPACE: GoPro cameras in stratosphere to capture live HD footage of rare event
- Rosetta glimpses its own shadow: Probe dips close to comet 67P to take a selfie - and spots a strange 'alien' halo
- Victoria Beckham is NOT impressed as daredevil David scales London's Wellington Arch for an extreme selfie with pals Tom Cruise and Guy Ritchie
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.