- Klopp move to Liverpool could be a hit for both parties
- Proposed Fiat Chrysler UAW pact gradually ends two-tier pay - sources
- Rubio raises $6M over last 3 months
- A look at Chicago's Tribune Tower as it goes up for sale
- Pro-Biden super PAC pulls TV ad about VP's family tragedy
- Al Franken working on book about his years in Washington
- UN proposes national unity gov't for Libya's warring factions, obstacles remain
- Smoking set to kill one in three young men in China, study finds
- California to phase out microbeads used in soaps, toothpaste
- UN to audit its dealings with entities tied to alleged bribery
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
- Officer Charged With Hitting Teen Gets Probation
- Hall Of Fame Baltimore Colts To Be Honored During Sunday’s Game
- Lana Del Ray Vinyl Mix-Up Brings Baltimore Band National Attention
- Environmentalists Return From 30-Day Kayak Voyage On Delmarva & Chesapeake Waterways
- Mayor Talks About Baltimore’s Future As Freddie Gray Trials Loom
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.