- Tsarina Angelina: Jolie snaps up film rights to torrid tale of Catherine the Great's love trysts in the Winter Palace sauna
- Heroism of the human shield: Shot three times as he protected his fiancee, telling her to say his goodbyes to their children, then crawling for his life... for the first time, the incredible tale of the beach massacre hero
- Tennis lover Kate forks out £60,000 'to move her court just 36ft': Duchess of Cambridge plans to spend an eye-raising sum to improve the view at Anmer Hall in Norfolk
- Brooklyn has passed 'peak' PBR and is now starting to adopt historic New England lager Narragansett as hipster beverage of choice
- Hillary's wrangling of the reporters: Presidential candidate uses two aides and a rope to keep journalists away from her on Fourth of July parade
- Obama set to release dozens of non-violent drug offenders as use of clemency expands
- Grateful Dead fans flood Chicago stadium for first of band's final shows
- Joey Chestnut loses Coney Island hot dog eating contest to newcomer
- Russia's Vladimir Putin tells Barack Obama he wants dialogue based on equality
- Anger at Michelle Obama-inspired suggestion to grill FRUIT on July 4th instead of meat
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.