- Lightning Strike Destroys Home, Leads To Arrest Of Occupant
- Gov. Hogan Giving State Workers Half-day Off For Service
- Fire Breaks Out At West Baltimore Home Of Rep. Cummings
- Jimenez In The Green Dispite Orioles Loss
- American Pharoah Owner Paved Path Of Bold Bets
- Local Roller Derby Team Heats Up Berglund Center
- Autism Speaks presented nearly $6,000, Amherst Adult Detention Center raised funds
- Person Struck on I-64 Eastbound
- One Dead in McGaheysville House Fire
- Father and son, 19, sentenced to prison just hours apart for having sex with the SAME underage girl
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.