- Mother-of-two stabbed to death in the chest while jogging in Connecticut
- Poisonous bacteria found on OUTSIDE of chicken packaging: Families told to store it away from other food
- 'Save your tears... you will never be forgiven': Brother of murdered policeman Bryson Anderson hits out at mother-and-son killers during emotional court hearing
- Rudy Giuliani wants to focus on 'black-on-black' crime not police brutality, saying white cops wouldn't be needed 'if you weren't killing each other'
- Vigil Held For Postal Worker Who Was Killed On The Job Last Year
- Lynchburg's Beauty for Bread Auction Extended
- No need to pitch a tent outside Best Buy! Amazon starts Black Friday sale a full WEEK early
- Woman fights for school district to help her son who suffers from seizures, 7, use his service dog in class
- Buffalo braces for devastating floods in 'phase two of battle with Mother Nature' after deadly snowstorms strike New York
- So HOW did the abandoned baby survive? Expert says babies have evolved to live for days without feeding
Officials Investigate Police-Involved Shooting At St. Joseph Medical Center
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.