- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to resign
- One Direction Win Big at 2014 American Music Awards
- Arrest Made in Buckingham Co. Double Homicide
- Lewis Hamilton celebrates his F1 win with Nicole Scherzinger by his side
- Government in Supreme Court bid to block publication of Prince Charles' private letters to ministers
- Security services have foiled FORTY terror plots since 2005
- MI5 failed to track Lee Rigby's jihadi killers after deciding they did not pose enough of a danger, official report set to reveal
- ISIS offering $5,000 rewards for information on US spies
- Brawl between two fathers cause team of five and six-year-old footballers to be banned from playoff game
- EXCLUSIVE: Terror suspect linked to Anjem Choudary boasts of 'making a mockery' of MI5 after 'breezing' across Europe to join ISIS - when police let him out on bail
Report: National Aquarium Draws Out-Of-State Money
More from Baltimore
Photo Credit: Thinkstock
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsBaltimore, economic impact, Millions, National Aquarium In Baltimore, Revenue
BALTIMORE (AP) — The National Aquarium in Baltimore is drawing millions of out-of-state dollars into Baltimore.
That’s according to a new economic impact report.
The report to be released Wednesday estimates that the aquarium has an economic impact of nearly $320 million in the Baltimore-Washington region.
The Baltimore Sun reports the aquarium commissioned the report, which is being released as it prepares to seek a capital grant from the state to help renovate one of its main exhibits.
The report found the aquarium is the city’s top paid tourist attraction, accounting for nearly $18 million in revenues for the city and state.
It found most visitors said they came from out-of-state and the aquarium was the reason.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)