- Marion Barry died from heart problems, due to high blood pressure, kidney disease, diabetes
- Putin says his Crimea annexation was strategic and Russia won’t be isolated
- We have lift off! Russian rocket launches to deliver three new crew members to International Space Station - 260 miles above Earth
- Dad left daughter, two, in car for 10 minutes and it nearly cost him his family: Dash to the chemist for Calpol classed as child neglect
- Officer Darren Wilson has held secret talks with TV hosts including Anderson Cooper and Matt Lauer ahead of grand jury's decision over Michael Brown's death
- Prosecutor dismisses traffic ticket against 16-year-old who lost five members of his family when he 'fell asleep at the wheel'
- Cheers! Drinks prices are slashed: Supermarkets launch range of beer and spirit promotions ahead of Christmas with cost cut by up to 6% on last year
- Girls want to graduate in marriage: Majority want to wed and start a family within ten years of leaving university
- Crack-er of a game! Streaker tackled to the ground during the One Day International cricket series in Sydney
- Top Labour party figures in clash over 'rigged poll': Shadow Northern Ireland minister accuses Tom Watson of 'manipulating' votes
Woman & Young Boy Attacked By 2 Dogs
More from Baltimore
Reporting Jessica Kartalija
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBoy Attacked By Dogs, Dog attack, Pasadena Dog Attack, Woman Attacked By Dog
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A young boy and his aunt were seriously injured after they were attacked by two dogs. Jessica Kartalija has the chilling call to 911.
Both dogs are dead, shot by police. It’s still unclear why they attacked.
“The dogs just attacked a woman. She’s screaming bloody murder! There’s blood everywhere!”
There were people screaming in the background, telling police to hurry as a seven-year-old boy and his aunt were mauled by two large dogs.
“Neighbors heard screaming on a back porch. It was determined that there was a woman there who was in a fetal position over her seven-year-old nephew,” said Justin Mulcahey, Anne Arundel County police.
It happened Saturday on the 34-hundred block of Barnsley Court in Pasadena. Two American bulldogs began attacking the young boy inside the home. In an attempt to rescue her nephew, the woman moved the child outside. Police say the dogs followed them to the back porch and began attacking them both.
“Once the first officer arrived on the scene—he was there within two minutes of the call—he made entry of the residence. That’s when he saw the attack taking place,” Mulcahy said.
The officer was forced to shoot the dog attacking the child.
“He began to render assistance when a second dog lunged at the officer and both victims. The officer shot that dog…protecting himself and both victims,” Mulcahy said.
The child was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in critical condition. His aunt suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
This is the second serious dog attack in Pasadena in the past two weeks. The last one happened just before Thanksgiving when a pit bull attacked an elderly woman, mauling her arm.
Anne Arundel Animal Control responded and euthanized both dogs.