- Foul odor at RVA elementary school could force relocation
- Loaded gun at Chesterfield middle school, no lockdown
- NBC investigators look into Brian Williams interview on the Daily Show about his reporting from Arab Spring protests
- Alibaba, China Telecom tie up to sell phones
- Wall, Pierce get Wiz past Raptors 106-99 for 3-0 series lead
- Northern Virginia woman shares her journey to transgender
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- People Prepare for Bridge Day
- California man, 41, to stand trial on charges of raping and kidnapping his girlfriend's daughter who he later married and lived with for 10 years
- Anti-gay bakers face paying $135,000 to lesbian couple that it refused wedding cake... but Christian couple already raised $100,000 in eight hours on fundraising page
Woman & Young Boy Attacked By 2 Dogs
More from Baltimore
Reporting Jessica Kartalija
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBoy Attacked By Dogs, Dog attack, Pasadena Dog Attack, Woman Attacked By Dog
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A young boy and his aunt were seriously injured after they were attacked by two dogs. Jessica Kartalija has the chilling call to 911.
Both dogs are dead, shot by police. It’s still unclear why they attacked.
“The dogs just attacked a woman. She’s screaming bloody murder! There’s blood everywhere!”
There were people screaming in the background, telling police to hurry as a seven-year-old boy and his aunt were mauled by two large dogs.
“Neighbors heard screaming on a back porch. It was determined that there was a woman there who was in a fetal position over her seven-year-old nephew,” said Justin Mulcahey, Anne Arundel County police.
It happened Saturday on the 34-hundred block of Barnsley Court in Pasadena. Two American bulldogs began attacking the young boy inside the home. In an attempt to rescue her nephew, the woman moved the child outside. Police say the dogs followed them to the back porch and began attacking them both.
“Once the first officer arrived on the scene—he was there within two minutes of the call—he made entry of the residence. That’s when he saw the attack taking place,” Mulcahy said.
The officer was forced to shoot the dog attacking the child.
“He began to render assistance when a second dog lunged at the officer and both victims. The officer shot that dog…protecting himself and both victims,” Mulcahy said.
The child was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in critical condition. His aunt suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
This is the second serious dog attack in Pasadena in the past two weeks. The last one happened just before Thanksgiving when a pit bull attacked an elderly woman, mauling her arm.
Anne Arundel Animal Control responded and euthanized both dogs.