- Orioles Look To Hand Astros First Road Series Loss Of 2015
- WEATHER BLOG: Severe Storms
- Orioles Reinstate Flaherty, DFA De Aza
- Costs of Baltimore Civil Unrest Estimated At $50M
- Maryland Leaders Request Federal Funds To Help After Baltimore Riots
- Local glass company suspends manufacturing
- Girl Drowns in Pool at Fitness Club in Chesterfield County
- Iran envoy: Nuclear talks possible beyond June 30 deadline
- Chicago cop fired for posing with rifles in photo of black suspect dressed as a deer
- Let's hope she doesn't shake him off! Montana high school teacher promises to cancel final exams if Taylor Swift calls him
Woman & Young Boy Attacked By 2 Dogs
More from Baltimore
Reporting Jessica Kartalija
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBoy Attacked By Dogs, Dog attack, Pasadena Dog Attack, Woman Attacked By Dog
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A young boy and his aunt were seriously injured after they were attacked by two dogs. Jessica Kartalija has the chilling call to 911.
Both dogs are dead, shot by police. It’s still unclear why they attacked.
“The dogs just attacked a woman. She’s screaming bloody murder! There’s blood everywhere!”
There were people screaming in the background, telling police to hurry as a seven-year-old boy and his aunt were mauled by two large dogs.
“Neighbors heard screaming on a back porch. It was determined that there was a woman there who was in a fetal position over her seven-year-old nephew,” said Justin Mulcahey, Anne Arundel County police.
It happened Saturday on the 34-hundred block of Barnsley Court in Pasadena. Two American bulldogs began attacking the young boy inside the home. In an attempt to rescue her nephew, the woman moved the child outside. Police say the dogs followed them to the back porch and began attacking them both.
“Once the first officer arrived on the scene—he was there within two minutes of the call—he made entry of the residence. That’s when he saw the attack taking place,” Mulcahy said.
The officer was forced to shoot the dog attacking the child.
“He began to render assistance when a second dog lunged at the officer and both victims. The officer shot that dog…protecting himself and both victims,” Mulcahy said.
The child was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in critical condition. His aunt suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
This is the second serious dog attack in Pasadena in the past two weeks. The last one happened just before Thanksgiving when a pit bull attacked an elderly woman, mauling her arm.
Anne Arundel Animal Control responded and euthanized both dogs.