- Missing comma means certain records are off-limits
- Drowned migrant boys buried as Hungary warns of "mass inflow" of refugees
- Hundreds of thousands uprooted by Boko Haram in two months in Nigeria
- Mall developer Taubman's $500 million art collection up for auction
- Polish soldiers begin inspecting site where Nazi "gold train" may be buried
- Lack of policy hurts Nigeria's economy as Buhari marks 100 days
- How to help refugees, migrants in Europe and beyond
- Nissan recalls 300,000 vehicles to adjust console panel
- 60,000 antelopes die within four days, cause unknown
- Man dies from injuries in Hopewell house fire
Woman & Young Boy Attacked By 2 Dogs
More from Baltimore
- Sports Illustrated Picks Ravens As Super Bowl Champs
- Scott McBrien Thinks The Terrapins Will Fare Well If Perry Hills Can Be A Leader
- Jamey Eisenberg Says Justin Forsett Has The Most Fantasy Value For The Ravens
- Salisbury’s Downtown Trolley Returns For Second Year
- Ocean City’s Boardwalk Tram Adds Extra Week Of Service
Reporting Jessica Kartalija
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBoy Attacked By Dogs, Dog attack, Pasadena Dog Attack, Woman Attacked By Dog
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A young boy and his aunt were seriously injured after they were attacked by two dogs. Jessica Kartalija has the chilling call to 911.
Both dogs are dead, shot by police. It’s still unclear why they attacked.
“The dogs just attacked a woman. She’s screaming bloody murder! There’s blood everywhere!”
There were people screaming in the background, telling police to hurry as a seven-year-old boy and his aunt were mauled by two large dogs.
“Neighbors heard screaming on a back porch. It was determined that there was a woman there who was in a fetal position over her seven-year-old nephew,” said Justin Mulcahey, Anne Arundel County police.
It happened Saturday on the 34-hundred block of Barnsley Court in Pasadena. Two American bulldogs began attacking the young boy inside the home. In an attempt to rescue her nephew, the woman moved the child outside. Police say the dogs followed them to the back porch and began attacking them both.
“Once the first officer arrived on the scene—he was there within two minutes of the call—he made entry of the residence. That’s when he saw the attack taking place,” Mulcahy said.
The officer was forced to shoot the dog attacking the child.
“He began to render assistance when a second dog lunged at the officer and both victims. The officer shot that dog…protecting himself and both victims,” Mulcahy said.
The child was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in critical condition. His aunt suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
This is the second serious dog attack in Pasadena in the past two weeks. The last one happened just before Thanksgiving when a pit bull attacked an elderly woman, mauling her arm.
Anne Arundel Animal Control responded and euthanized both dogs.