- New York City flooded with cops in Fourth of July Security alert: Seven thousand officers assigned to potential targets amid a rise in terrorist 'chatter' and fears of attack by homegrown ISIS extremists
- Hospital seizes baby from UK mother and demands she takes DNA test to prove she's hers: Dental nurse says she is being treated 'like a baby thief
- Touching photo shows orphaned daughter of former All Black star Jerry Collins draped in her dad’s old Hurricanes jersey and fed by his former teammate as his old team gets set to play in Grand Final
- Popular Google millionaire and controversial landlord who found himself at the center of San Francisco anti-gentrification protests dies of cancer at 46
- George Takei apologizes for calling Justice Clarence Thomas a 'clown in blackface'
- Title frustration continues for error-prone Hurricanes
- Saudi says wanted militant killed in exchange of fire
- Taiwan president remembers Nationalist victory in Sino-Japan war
- Fidel Castro, 88, visits cheese-makers in rare public appearance
- Motor racing-Formula One British Grand Prix starting grid
Woman & Young Boy Attacked By 2 Dogs
More from Baltimore
Reporting Jessica Kartalija
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBoy Attacked By Dogs, Dog attack, Pasadena Dog Attack, Woman Attacked By Dog
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A young boy and his aunt were seriously injured after they were attacked by two dogs. Jessica Kartalija has the chilling call to 911.
Both dogs are dead, shot by police. It’s still unclear why they attacked.
“The dogs just attacked a woman. She’s screaming bloody murder! There’s blood everywhere!”
There were people screaming in the background, telling police to hurry as a seven-year-old boy and his aunt were mauled by two large dogs.
“Neighbors heard screaming on a back porch. It was determined that there was a woman there who was in a fetal position over her seven-year-old nephew,” said Justin Mulcahey, Anne Arundel County police.
It happened Saturday on the 34-hundred block of Barnsley Court in Pasadena. Two American bulldogs began attacking the young boy inside the home. In an attempt to rescue her nephew, the woman moved the child outside. Police say the dogs followed them to the back porch and began attacking them both.
“Once the first officer arrived on the scene—he was there within two minutes of the call—he made entry of the residence. That’s when he saw the attack taking place,” Mulcahy said.
The officer was forced to shoot the dog attacking the child.
“He began to render assistance when a second dog lunged at the officer and both victims. The officer shot that dog…protecting himself and both victims,” Mulcahy said.
The child was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in critical condition. His aunt suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
This is the second serious dog attack in Pasadena in the past two weeks. The last one happened just before Thanksgiving when a pit bull attacked an elderly woman, mauling her arm.
Anne Arundel Animal Control responded and euthanized both dogs.