- VCU Opens Their Doors for Sweet Briar Students
- VDOT Road Conditions in Shenandoah Valley
- Groom misses wedding reception after getting food poisoning from McMuffin
- 'Duang!' Chinese poke fun at Jackie Chan with nonsense word
- Denmark may include porn on the national curriculum so 'children learn to have realistic expectations about sex'
- Jihadi John 'hid in a lorry on Channel ferry to escape Britain': Home Office facing questions over border controls after terrorist used well-worn route to escape
- Wife sues McDonald's after her husband suffers fatal heart attack in restroom, but no one can get in to help him because of dead-bolt lock
- Interactive 3D art museum in the Philippines lets YOU become part of the picture
- 'He was giving something back' says ex-girlfriend of Marine killed fighting ISIS
- 'I was not part of rent boy ring with Cabinet ministers', says ex-Tory MP after police investigating VIP abuse search his home
Water Leak Blamed For Sinking 2 Baltimore Homes
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscollapse, condemn, Fells Point, Sinking, water leak
BALTIMORE (AP) — City workers are trying to determine what’s causing two homes in Baltimore’s upper Fells Point neighborhood to begin sinking.
The homes have been condemned after city inspectors determined the houses are sinking and in danger of collapsing because of an unknown water source. There is a constant flow of water that has undermined the foundations of the houses.
Public works officials were still investigating Thursday at the South Madeira Street location. Residents were forced to celebrate Thanksgiving elsewhere.
Resident Falita Liles says her home has sunk two to three inches so far. There are also huge cracks in the walls of her basement and bedroom. Liles says she only had a few hours to move out belongings.
Liles and other neighbors believe a recent repaving project may be to blame.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)