- Northern giant mouse lemur has the biggest testicles among primates
- Egyptian entertainer holds a fake gun to British tourists after Tunisian attack
- Utah Independence Day festival sees pig shaped hot air balloon crash
- Detroit Catholic school teacher sentenced for sex with student in her classroom
- Athens protesters attack police ahead of Greece’s debt crisis referendum
- Seattle schools offer IUD contraceptives to girls as young as ELEVEN
- Venezuela is facing a national beer shortage after brewery workers go on strike
- MH370 wreckage could have been missed by sonar in Indian Ocean
- Naperville Ribfest witnesses young man 'commit suicide' on Pharaoh's Fury
- Baltimore investigate police van door sign after Freddie Gray's death
Water Leak Blamed For Sinking 2 Baltimore Homes
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscollapse, condemn, Fells Point, Sinking, water leak
BALTIMORE (AP) — City workers are trying to determine what’s causing two homes in Baltimore’s upper Fells Point neighborhood to begin sinking.
The homes have been condemned after city inspectors determined the houses are sinking and in danger of collapsing because of an unknown water source. There is a constant flow of water that has undermined the foundations of the houses.
Public works officials were still investigating Thursday at the South Madeira Street location. Residents were forced to celebrate Thanksgiving elsewhere.
Resident Falita Liles says her home has sunk two to three inches so far. There are also huge cracks in the walls of her basement and bedroom. Liles says she only had a few hours to move out belongings.
Liles and other neighbors believe a recent repaving project may be to blame.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)