- Family hears son's heart beat from organ donor recipient
- Former Richmond top official files lawsuit against City
- Snow expected for much of western Virginia
- Woman sentenced to 20 years in Rusty Mack murder
- Goodwill Annual Thanksgiving Dinner Will Feed 3,000
- New FDA Rules Will Put Calorie Labels On Nearly Everything
- Study: Hospice Patients Less Likely To Die In Hospitals
- Ford’s New F-150 To Get 26 Mpg, Tops Among Pickups
- US Closes Ford Steering Probe Without Recall
- Vicky Pryce is jeered after defending convicted rapist Ched Evans at charity event saying 'none of us know exactly what happened' even though jury found him guilty
Water Leak Blamed For Sinking 2 Baltimore Homes
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscollapse, condemn, Fells Point, Sinking, water leak
BALTIMORE (AP) — City workers are trying to determine what’s causing two homes in Baltimore’s upper Fells Point neighborhood to begin sinking.
The homes have been condemned after city inspectors determined the houses are sinking and in danger of collapsing because of an unknown water source. There is a constant flow of water that has undermined the foundations of the houses.
Public works officials were still investigating Thursday at the South Madeira Street location. Residents were forced to celebrate Thanksgiving elsewhere.
Resident Falita Liles says her home has sunk two to three inches so far. There are also huge cracks in the walls of her basement and bedroom. Liles says she only had a few hours to move out belongings.
Liles and other neighbors believe a recent repaving project may be to blame.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Visible lingerie, racy lace and tummy baring crop tops, Samantha Jade, Delta Goodrem and The Veronicas heat up the ARIA Awards red carpets
The blue 'sexism' suit Karl Stefanovic wore for a year sells on Ebay for $6,400 by a charity bidder... who bumps it up to $10,000
Captain Kirk is boldly not going to Cheshire town: Actor William Shatner takes to Twitter to deny rumour he will switch on the Christmas lights
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.