- Bat boy dies after being struck by bat at KS game
- Person on bike shot in the Fan
- 4 easy steps to protecting your online privacy
- 2 in hospital after shooting outside Sussex night club
- Israel's Nice Systems sells video surveillance unit for $100 million
- Samsung Electronics to create fund for cancer-stricken workers, safety
- EU regulators to decide on NXP, Freescale deal by September 4
- Brain training app could help people with schizophrenia
- Star Trek-style home elevator could replace stairlifts
- Hackers take down part of German federal prosecutor's website
Thurmont Resident Dead In Motorcycle Crash
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAccident, Fatal Accident, Fatal Motorcycle Accident, Paul Edward Wade, Vincent Charles Healy Jr.
THURMONT, Md. (AP) — A 21-year-old Thurmont resident is dead after a motorcycle crash in Washington County.
The Maryland State Police says the crash happened Friday around 6:30 p.m. on Foxville Road at Pleasant Valley Road. State Police say a truck driven by 62-year-old Paul Edward Wade made a left hand turn on Pleasant Valley Road and turned into the path of a motorcycle.
The driver of the motorcycle, Vincent Charles Healy Jr., was unable to avoid the truck and struck it on the passenger side.
Authorities say charges are pending. Wade, a resident of Cascade, Md., was uninjured.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)