- Police work to resolve mental health transportation issues
- Public invited to help plan Greeneville future
- Franklin, W.Va. Drive-In Closes After 60 Years
- Afghanistan’s justice system is moving faster — maybe too fast
- World Digest: May 28, 2015
- New school plan raises concerns in Washington County
- Greene County school budget includes 3% raise for employees
- Carter family music at Carter Family Fold, Barter Theatre
- Law enforcement agencies work to resolve mental health transportation issues
- Bedford Co. K-9 Handlers Using Remote Door Openers
Thurmont Resident Dead In Motorcycle Crash
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAccident, Fatal Accident, Fatal Motorcycle Accident, Paul Edward Wade, Vincent Charles Healy Jr.
THURMONT, Md. (AP) — A 21-year-old Thurmont resident is dead after a motorcycle crash in Washington County.
The Maryland State Police says the crash happened Friday around 6:30 p.m. on Foxville Road at Pleasant Valley Road. State Police say a truck driven by 62-year-old Paul Edward Wade made a left hand turn on Pleasant Valley Road and turned into the path of a motorcycle.
The driver of the motorcycle, Vincent Charles Healy Jr., was unable to avoid the truck and struck it on the passenger side.
Authorities say charges are pending. Wade, a resident of Cascade, Md., was uninjured.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)