- Display plane crashes during car show in England
- Putin puts Crimean archaeological site under federal control
- Airplane debris arrives in France for Malaysia crash investigation
- Norwich sign Blackburn keeper Kean
- Rapper Snoop Dogg stopped in Italy airport with $422,000 in cash
- Iraq's Barzani condemns Turkish bombing he says killed civilians
- Obama gets early start on 54th birthday celebration
- Annual Shrine Parade canceled due to traffic from accident
- You're gonna be fine; Matt Lucas writes heartfelt letter to teenage boy who suffers from hair loss
- Inside the bunker where Emperor Hirohito recorded speech announcing Japan's surrender after 'cruel' bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
911 Calls Released Of September Riot Outside Recher Theatre
More from Baltimore
Reporting Kai Jackson
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBaltimore County Police Department, Homecoming, Recher Theatre, Riot, Towson, violence
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ)—New 911 calls shed light on a riot that broke out in the center of Towson in September. One person was shot, several arrested, and the chaos was caught on tape.
Kai Jackson has the details in a new police report.
The report will be a central component at a hearing for the Recher next week and could mark the end of the theaters problems or the beginning of more.
Youtube video shows the melee outside the Recher Theatre in Towson that started late night on September 24.
Police work quickly trying to control a rowdy crowd after a frat party inside the theater spilled outside and spiraled out of control.
“Actually I left before everything started breaking out. I wasn’t around for any of the real fighting,” said Matthew Miller, a Towson University student.
Now a new report by Baltimore County police and 911 calls detail what happened.
911 Caller: “We have too many people out here, we have people fighting and stuff. I need them here immediately.”
“It was a very large crowd. They outnumbered the officers, and the officers called additional resources in to help manage the crowd and moved them along,” said Det. Cathy Batton, Baltimore County Police.
Police say between 1500 and 2000 people were part of an alcohol fueled mob scene.
911 Dispatcher: “Are they intoxicated?”
Police say one person in the area suffered two gunshot wounds. It’s unclear who shot him. Three officers were hurt in the fighting. Eight people were arrested.
At least one student who was out the night of the chaos says details of Baltimore County’s police report are dead on accurate.
“I know it was very crowded that night. There was definitely rivaling schools among the area,” the student said.
According to the report, Baltimore County believes officers acted appropriately given the circumstances.
On Monday the Recher Theatre has a hearing with the Baltimore County Liquor Board to discuss what role the theater played in the incident.