- Safari tourist survives attack by lion when beast jumped into his car
- Round, round get around: California Surfin' Safari in on the trail of The Beach Boys
- Middle East peace prospects are slim, outgoing U.N. envoy says
- Toddler's priceless reaction to dad's Nottingham Forest chant
- Linda Yellen hopes $90,000 Kickstarter project will help finish Dennis Hopper's final movie
- Couple's home of 30 years demolished after agricultural worker mistakenly dumps 150 gallons of DIESEL into property's basement
- 'There is no excuse...our hearts are heavy with regret and we will do better': Deadline editor apologizes for insensitive article that questioned diversity on TV
- Now jihadi bride school is centre of terror probe: Academy where four pupils have left to join ISIS to be investigated by counter-extremism officials
- The Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz as a happy toddler and smiling teenager
- France's socialist party crushed by Nicolas Sarkozy's UMP in regional elections
Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Fells Point; Building Had Previous Fire
More from Baltimore
Reporting Mike Schuh
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsFells Point, Fire, Firefighters, Four Alarm, South Broadway
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
BALTIMORE (WJZ) – For the second time in less than six months, a massive fire tears through the same building in Fells Point.
Mike Schuh reports the fire started around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
In June, the Fresh Food Market went up in flames in the 500-block of South Broadway. Now, the five-story structure, partially demolished and partially collapsed, took four alarms and 100 firefighters to keep the flames away from adjacent buildings.
No firemen were sent inside the fire and no one was injured. Investigators don’t know yet if there were any squatters inside at the time. Gas and electric had been cut off, and the building was boarded up.
So much water was used on the fire, there is minor street flooding south of the fire on Fleet Street.
The rear of the building collapsed in this latest fire.
Stay with WJZ.COM for the latest on this developing story.