- WorldViews: Why Ted Cruz thinks a U.S. Embassy in Havana is ‘a slap in the face’ of Israel
- WorldViews: The world’s most anti-Russia country? Canada, says Moscow lawmaker
- Final push for Iran nuclear deal begins as Tehran signals flexibility
- Dominican government is accused of forcible deportations
- U.S. prepares to send first group of Syrian fighters back onto battlefield
- Fading beauty of Matisse and van Gogh's masterpieces: Chemical reaction is turning famous paintings BROWN
- Margaret Thatcher jibed as 'oily to kings' for apology to Saudis over BBC report
- From Cornwall's remote Kynance Cove to the Welsh beach that can only be reached by hiking across the clifftops: The UK's 10 best secret beaches revealed
- Google-owned Niantic labs apologise for Nazi concentration camp video game
- Dramatic footage shows a pack of sharks feasting on sperm whale carcass off the Australian coast
Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Fells Point; Building Had Previous Fire
More from Baltimore
Reporting Mike Schuh
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsFells Point, Fire, Firefighters, Four Alarm, South Broadway
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
BALTIMORE (WJZ) – For the second time in less than six months, a massive fire tears through the same building in Fells Point.
Mike Schuh reports the fire started around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
In June, the Fresh Food Market went up in flames in the 500-block of South Broadway. Now, the five-story structure, partially demolished and partially collapsed, took four alarms and 100 firefighters to keep the flames away from adjacent buildings.
No firemen were sent inside the fire and no one was injured. Investigators don’t know yet if there were any squatters inside at the time. Gas and electric had been cut off, and the building was boarded up.
So much water was used on the fire, there is minor street flooding south of the fire on Fleet Street.
The rear of the building collapsed in this latest fire.
Stay with WJZ.COM for the latest on this developing story.