- The hour the Earth went dark: Big Ben and London Eye among 700 landmarks plunged into darkness around the world as millions of homes switch off power to raise awareness of climate change
- Are you wondering why our favourite aristocratic drama is ending? It's because all its stars have gone across the pond from Downton to Downtown USA!
- This incurably ill British woman's amazing online friendship with an American she'd never met spurred him to shed 28 STONE - and save his life. Here she tells their heart-warming story. It's truly... thinspirational
- The £8bn High Noon in the High Street: With £4bn sales, Next has suddenly caught up with its big rival M&S so get ready for the showdown
- Boston twins delivered through rare delayed delivery and born 24 days apart celebrate first birthdays
- Escaped miniature horses munching on grass in middle of city wrangled by police
- Pink chickens in Portland let loose by Bruce Whitman on waterfront so he could 'make people smile'
- Is this the next Jon Stewart? The Daily Show contributor Trevor Noah 'shortlisted to be host's replacement' - despite joining the program only THREE months ago
- British woman's anorexia 'cured' by brain implant: Electrodes placed deep into reward centre to stimulate her into enjoying food again
- Chicago Bulls among thousands showing support for Down Syndrome student who was banned from wearing a varsity letter at school because he didn't 'earn it'
Alligator Found During Marijuana Drug Bust In Jessup
More from Baltimore
Reporting Christie Ileto
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsAmerican Alligator, Animal control officer, Cannabis, Dead Man Incorporated, Drug paraphernalia, Michael Bolden, Search warrant
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
JESSUP, Md. (WJZ)— Anne Arundel police found more than just drugs while serving a warrant at a Jessup man’s home. Christie Ileto has more on the wild discovery.
Neighbor Jada Knight says “Where the Wild Things Are” has come to her street.
“It’s not supposed to be a pet. You would think a dog or a cat, not an alligator,” Knight said.
But that’s exactly what Anne Arundel police say they found when they were serving a drug warrant at Michael Golden’s home in Jessup. Officers say it wasn’t the more than $3,000 worth of marijuana but the three-foot reptile that was a shocker!
“It’s definitely an anomaly, an unlikely encounter,” said Justin Mulcahy. “Not something detectives find when they’re serving a warrant.”
No one came to the door at Golden’s home but the unusual discovery has left residents stunned and perplexed.
“It was a surprise. It was pretty big,” said neighbor Juanita Miller.
It’s unclear how Golden got the alligator or why he even had it, but one thing is for sure—it’s illegal for exotic animals like alligators to be in a private residence.
“He minds his business, but we were surprised,” said Corey Harris.
Police say it appears the reptile was being used as a household pet…a pet neighbors say belongs nowhere else but the zoo.
“I thought it was stupid to have one of them in a trailer,” Miller said.
Police say the alligator was healthy and has been taken to a facility for exotic animals.
Police charged Golden with possession of marijuana and intent to distribute.