- Asian father-of-four raped pub worker for three hours after dragging her off the street saying 'you white women are good at it'
- Woman drives off with wheel clamp still attached to tire on Bad Girls Club
- Earl of Cardigan's estate sold for £12million despite long battle to preserve the property given to his family by William the Conqueror 900 years ago
- Christmas angels! Babies in festive photo shoot wearing Santa and Rudolph hats
- A-list stars including Jennifer Aniston, Ed Sheeran and Al Pacino show their support for British mother's film about stillborn son as she attempts to raise £1.3m
- Labour must tell the public exactly how it would slash government spending in order to be elected says Lord Mandelson
- The name's Elba. Idris Elba: Leaked Sony emails reveal boss Amy Pascal wants British actor to be James Bond
- Inside the fairytale castles you could own in Italy
- 'Next generation, God willing': ISIS jihadist's widow from London posts picture of four-year-old boy posing with toy gun by Islamic flag
- Incredible photos reveal makeup artist's dark fantasy makeovers
Victim Of A Hit-And-Run On Ritchie Highway In Critical Condition; Police Seek Suspect
More from Baltimore
- Fire Reported At Baltimore City School, No Injuries Reported
- Police Connect Local Shooting To NYPD Officers’ Killings
- BREAKING: Sources Say Baltimore Man Shoots 2 NYPD Officers Dead
- Injury Report: Ravens Look Healthy For Game Vs Texans, Torrey Smith Not Listed
- Retailers Hope Super Saturday Makes Up For Sluggish Black Friday
Reporting Rochelle Ritchie
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsAnne Arundel County, Hit and Run, Michael Diegel, Ritchie Highway, Victim
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, Md. (WJZ)– A man is fighting for his life after being hit by a car on Ritchie Highway in Anne Arundel County. Police are looking for the man who struck him.
Rochelle Ritchie has the plea from the man’s family for that driver to turn themselves in.
Anne Arundel County police are hoping around 12:30 a.m. Thursday, someone saw the person behind the wheel of the vehicle that hit 57-year-old Michael Diegel.
“The vehicle did not stay on the scene. So we’re asking the public to come forward and help us progress this investigation,” Justin Mulcahy, spokesperson for the Anne Arundel County Police Department, said.
The victim was hit crossing the street on Ritchie Highway. He was wearing dark clothing. He didn’t walk in the crosswalk but they say he shouldn’t have been left for dead.
The hit-and-run victim was rushed to Shock Trauma with injuries from head to toe, including bruised lungs, several rib fractures, two broken legs and injuries to his spine and head.
“He’s under very heavy sedation,” Ervin Diegel, Michael Diegel’s brother, said.
WJZ spoke to the victim’s brother who is hoping a guilty conscious will bring someone forward.
“I think of them more as a cowardly act to run away from something like this. I hope they can live with what they did,” Ervin Diegel said.
Anne Arundel County police said that while they don’t have an exact model of the car that caused the severe injuries, a preliminary investigation has narrowed it down to a 1997 to a 2005 mini-van with possible damage to the front right turn signal, headlamp lens and windshield.
“We’re hopeful at this point that narrowing it down to and getting it out to the public, we can get a resolution in this case,” Mulcahy said.
If you have any information, you’re asked to call Anne Arundel County police.