- Mutual UFO Network plan massive database to track alien sightings
- Thieves steal $10k gold nuggets from Wells Fargo History Museum in San Francisco
- Tiger Woods is all smiles as he gets his tooth back
- The 8,000 Heathrow noise complaints from just TWO people
- Fox17 Morning News team try Vegemite on Australia Day
- Lone Peak girl had to wear coat to school dance as teachers felt dress was indecent
- Police scour property owned by Ricki-Lee Coulter's mother searching for Novy Chardon
- Sex researchers rate America's ten kinkiest cities
- SpongeBob SquarePants turns up in child's x-ray
- School Bus Driver Faces DUI Charge
Hurricane Sandy Force Winds Picking Up In Annapolis; Government To Shut Down
More from Baltimore
Reporting Alex DeMetrick
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAnnapolis, Flooding, Hurricane Sandy, Power Outages, Winds
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ/AP)— As the pressure drops, winds are picking up in Annapolis.
Alex DeMetrick reports on the conditions in our state capital.
At this point, a lot of storm surge is not expected and power outages are at a minimum. But there is a lot of wind.
There aren’t a lot of boats on the harbor, as the city of Annapolis announced that anyone who enters the harbor at this point are on their own. Annapolis is not liable for any damage.
The city is also announcing in advance that all government offices will be closed.
Mayor Joshua Cohen says government offices will be closed Tuesday, with the exception of essential employees. He’s also urging all residents of the state capital to stay off the road.
There’ll also be no garbage and recycling pickup on Tuesday.
Anyone who attempted to pay their utility bill at City Hall while offices were closed will be granted a grace period.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Go ahead, live a little! Hilary Duff indulges her sweet tooth by stocking up on cupcakes from Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.
Detox paid off! Gwyneth Paltrow, 42, continues to show her flawless bikini body in Mexico ...following strict January diet.
'I'm an idiot and I'm devastated to have caused offense': British actor Benedict Cumberbatch issues apology after calling black people 'colored' on Tavis Smiley.
Embarrassing moment Miss California contestant suffered a bikini malfunction in the swimsuit round... but somehow still managed to impress the judges.
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.