- Couple replace alcohol with weed at their Oregon wedding
- Look out! Forecasters warn El Nino could be strongest ever recorded and will last until January
- Vladimir Putin takes part in a student ice hockey match
- Migrants reveal few possessions they pack as they trek across Europe
- New York City hit and run driver backed into grandmother and left her in The Bronx
- A win for Carly! CNN changes its debate criteria and sets Fiorina up to ride her polling surge into the Sept. 16 contest – leaving Chris Christie or Rand Paul in the second string
- Virginia teen 'impersonated police officer' arrested after he tries to pull over off-duty cop
- Jay Z wants to hide his wealth and criminal past from Big Pimpin' copyright trial
- First global antineutrino map revealed
- Cambridge spy Guy Burgess who defected to party in the Kremlin
New York City Police Officer & Univ. Of Md. Graduate Charged With Planning Cannibalism Attacks
More from Baltimore
- ‘Under The Dome’ To End With Series Finale On September 10th
- Remembering 2131: A 20th Anniversary Celebration
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose
- Repeat Offender Sentenced For Killing Toddler In Shooting
- Officials Searching For Prisoner Who Walked Off Job Site
Reporting Kai Jackson
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsCannibalism, Gilberto Valle, Graduate, New York City, New York Police Department, police officer, University of Maryland, University of Maryland College Park
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Kidnapping and cannibalism. A University of Maryland graduate and now New York City police officer is accused of plotting to torture, cook and eat the body parts of dozens of women.
Kai Jackson has details of the deeply disturbing case that’s still unfolding.
A man responsible for upholding the law is charged with a plot to violate it in a most gruesome way.
Twenty-eight-year-old Gilberto Valle is charged with sickening ideas. Investigators say he had a plan of cannibalism. Residents in his Queens apartment building are shocked.
“It sounds like a movie, not anything real.”
Police say it’s a plot that stretched from Queens, New York to here in Maryland.
According to the alumni page, Valle is a 2006 University of Maryland graduate who majored in psychology and criminal justice.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) apparently uncovered the alleged plot in chat rooms Valle was using.
According to charging documents, police say Valle, who is married and has a young daughter, plotted with an unnamed co-conspirator to kidnap women, rape them, then cook and eat their body parts.
One of the potential victims lives in Maryland.
Valle’s father says he just learned of the news.
Reporter: “Have you ever heard him talk about anything like this?”
Valle’s Father: “No.”
Reporter: “There’s never been any sort of discussion about cannibalism?”
Valle’s Father: “Never.”
Investigators say Valle kept files on 100 women, using information from a national crime database known as NCIC.
“It’s the kind of thing you only see on TV, really. And the fact that it’s in the building makes it extra.”
Charging documents say Valle never followed through on any of the acts he’s accused of plotting.