- On his trip to East Africa, Obama confronts new gains, old stalemates
- Overeating whilst pregnant 'changes the digestive system making it hard to shift baby weight'
- Top officer Sara Thornton says EVERY police force is giving up on cannabis
- Kate Moss struggles to hide emotions while wearing wedding ring
- MPs warned over an EU poll 'done deal'
- Cotswold pig breeder poses for Country Life's 'Page Three' feature
- Mohamed Al Fayed shuns super yachts trend to holiday on sail boat in St Tropez
- Topshop scraps its ultra skinny mannequins but they're far from the only culprits
- Tourists face chaos in France with fire threats, traffic jams and road blockades
- ISIS-inspired Florida man arrested after 'planning to bury backpack bomb at Key West beach and detonate it with cell phone'
New York City Police Officer & Univ. Of Md. Graduate Charged With Planning Cannibalism Attacks
More from Baltimore
Reporting Kai Jackson
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsCannibalism, Gilberto Valle, Graduate, New York City, New York Police Department, police officer, University of Maryland, University of Maryland College Park
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Kidnapping and cannibalism. A University of Maryland graduate and now New York City police officer is accused of plotting to torture, cook and eat the body parts of dozens of women.
Kai Jackson has details of the deeply disturbing case that’s still unfolding.
A man responsible for upholding the law is charged with a plot to violate it in a most gruesome way.
Twenty-eight-year-old Gilberto Valle is charged with sickening ideas. Investigators say he had a plan of cannibalism. Residents in his Queens apartment building are shocked.
“It sounds like a movie, not anything real.”
Police say it’s a plot that stretched from Queens, New York to here in Maryland.
According to the alumni page, Valle is a 2006 University of Maryland graduate who majored in psychology and criminal justice.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) apparently uncovered the alleged plot in chat rooms Valle was using.
According to charging documents, police say Valle, who is married and has a young daughter, plotted with an unnamed co-conspirator to kidnap women, rape them, then cook and eat their body parts.
One of the potential victims lives in Maryland.
Valle’s father says he just learned of the news.
Reporter: “Have you ever heard him talk about anything like this?”
Valle’s Father: “No.”
Reporter: “There’s never been any sort of discussion about cannibalism?”
Valle’s Father: “Never.”
Investigators say Valle kept files on 100 women, using information from a national crime database known as NCIC.
“It’s the kind of thing you only see on TV, really. And the fact that it’s in the building makes it extra.”
Charging documents say Valle never followed through on any of the acts he’s accused of plotting.