- Suicide Bombers Target Turkish Peace Rally
- Russia’s New Mega-Missile Stuns the Globe
- Indian Man Walks Around the Street With Severed Head of Wife He Allegedly Beheaded
- Top opposition figure agrees to participate in Guinea election
- Residents of contaminated town wary of government efforts
- Steve Martin gets serious as curator of artist Lawren Harris
- Three killed in violent unrest in Iraqi Kurdistan -sources
- Prisoners who escaped Alcatraz in 1962 'could be ALIVE': Relatives claim to have proof three escapees survived paddle to shore, decades after FBI said they 'drowned'
- Carrickmines traveller site fire breaks out and leaves nine dead
- Broadcaster Clive James has survived a year after leukaemia diagnosis
New York City Police Officer & Univ. Of Md. Graduate Charged With Planning Cannibalism Attacks
More from Baltimore
Reporting Kai Jackson
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsCannibalism, Gilberto Valle, Graduate, New York City, New York Police Department, police officer, University of Maryland, University of Maryland College Park
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Kidnapping and cannibalism. A University of Maryland graduate and now New York City police officer is accused of plotting to torture, cook and eat the body parts of dozens of women.
Kai Jackson has details of the deeply disturbing case that’s still unfolding.
A man responsible for upholding the law is charged with a plot to violate it in a most gruesome way.
Twenty-eight-year-old Gilberto Valle is charged with sickening ideas. Investigators say he had a plan of cannibalism. Residents in his Queens apartment building are shocked.
“It sounds like a movie, not anything real.”
Police say it’s a plot that stretched from Queens, New York to here in Maryland.
According to the alumni page, Valle is a 2006 University of Maryland graduate who majored in psychology and criminal justice.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) apparently uncovered the alleged plot in chat rooms Valle was using.
According to charging documents, police say Valle, who is married and has a young daughter, plotted with an unnamed co-conspirator to kidnap women, rape them, then cook and eat their body parts.
One of the potential victims lives in Maryland.
Valle’s father says he just learned of the news.
Reporter: “Have you ever heard him talk about anything like this?”
Valle’s Father: “No.”
Reporter: “There’s never been any sort of discussion about cannibalism?”
Valle’s Father: “Never.”
Investigators say Valle kept files on 100 women, using information from a national crime database known as NCIC.
“It’s the kind of thing you only see on TV, really. And the fact that it’s in the building makes it extra.”
Charging documents say Valle never followed through on any of the acts he’s accused of plotting.