- McDonald's employee injured in Chesterfield armed robbery
- Two injured in strip club shooting in South Richmond
- Winter Weather Advisory north of D.C., including Montgomery & Loudoun counties
- Horrified Japan mourns the loss of another citizen to Islamic State
- 'I'm gonna die!' Man cheats death by laying on tracks as freight train passes over... and then tries to escape between moving wheels
- Sexism row as Channel 4 News presenter Cathy Newman is turned away from mosque 'despite being respectfully dressed' on Visit My Mosque day
- Officials say jailed journalist Peter Greste is on a flight back to Australia having been released from prison after spending more than a year behind bars
- Nicky Morgan tells Cabinet colleague 'I'm in charge of education'
- Ched Evans rape victim's picture 'appears on the internet and viewed thousands of times'
- 'It doesn't look good': Family fears for Bobbi Kristina Brown as daughter of late Whitney Houston fights for her life in medically-induced coma after being found 'face down in bath tub'
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
New twist in Triple J Hottest 100 saga as listeners realise the number NINE track had never been played on the radio station
Carl's Jr's Super Bowl advert model Charlotte McKinney reveals her bullied past, her future in movies - and how she really did bite into THAT burger.
'Shouldn't both be ok?' Mary Cheney under fire after leaked Facebook post asking why drag queens can impersonate women but whites can't black up
New York City's most expensive apartment at Pierre Hotel relisted for HALF price - but it STILL costs $63million
'It touches on the emotions and experiences of military families': Michelle Obama joins Bradley Cooper to hit out at Michael Moore and other critics of 'American Sniper'
SUBSCRIBE MAILING LIST
By subscribing You will recieve our latest news. Your information will not be shared with anyone.