- White House florist was forced out by Michelle Obama's 'jealous' staff say friends as she is pictured for first time since being escorted from building
- Depressed pilots like Germanwings' Andreas Lubitz should not be flying writes PIERS MORGAN
- Germanwings pilot greets each passenger and holds speech in wake of crash
- Britain will give £5m to help military efforts to Boko Haram, says Philip Hammond
- Italian police seize 'lost' £11m Picasso from retired picture framer
- Milpitas teen gets suspended after using horse to ask girl to the prom
- Baby chihuahua Chanel reunited with her dognapped mother
- Woman in China born with rare foot deformity walks for the first time in 26 years
- How David Cameron stunned TV debate audience by reciting a verse from 'Ernie'
- Abdul Charara devastated after stranger is buried in reserved plot next to wife's grave
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)