- Suicide Bombers Target Turkish Peace Rally
- Russia’s New Mega-Missile Stuns the Globe
- Indian Man Walks Around the Street With Severed Head of Wife He Allegedly Beheaded
- Top opposition figure agrees to participate in Guinea election
- Residents of contaminated town wary of government efforts
- Steve Martin gets serious as curator of artist Lawren Harris
- Three killed in violent unrest in Iraqi Kurdistan -sources
- Prisoners who escaped Alcatraz in 1962 'could be ALIVE': Relatives claim to have proof three escapees survived paddle to shore, decades after FBI said they 'drowned'
- Carrickmines traveller site fire breaks out and leaves nine dead
- Broadcaster Clive James has survived a year after leukaemia diagnosis
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)