- EU Commission asks France for more information on taxi law
- Freddie Gray Activists Plan Protest At O’Malley Announcement
- The 7 Best Game 7’s In NHL History
- Top Five All Time Orioles Save Leaders
- The Washington County 4 H brings kids out to the Appalachian Fairgrounds
- Unlicensed clinic won't open, despite try
- Overcrowded State Prisons are Costing Local Tax Payers Millions
- Seven-Year-Old Bitten By Snake; Snake Expert Gives Advise to Homeowners
- Harrisonburg Begins Permanent Drug Collection Program
- Gov. McAuliffe Releases Sexual Assault Task Force Results
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)