- No new trial for man behind illicit Silk Road website
- Attorney General Called on to Investigate VTAG Money Awarded to Sweet Briar College
- Police: Augusta County Man Charged After Severe Beating
- WorldViews: Brazilian facing Indonesian firing squad is schizophrenic, say family and government
- WorldViews: The aftermath of Nepal’s earthquake exposes Asia’s geopolitical fault lines
- Richmond Police need help to ID church burglar
- PayPal extends One Touch payment to online transactions
- Cars to be fitted with automatic emergency calling from mid-2018
- Philadelphia mayor defends Baltimore mayor's riot response
- Travis Thomas: 2015 NFL Mock Draft
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)