- 'I just want to find my Brad Pitt': Angelina Jolie doppelganger branded 'ugly' by school bullies says her resemblance to the star makes men so nervous they start shaking
- Dramatic Exorcism as Man who was 'possessed by homosexual demon' after swimming with men in Kenya is exorcised by a priest to 'cure' him after it 'drove him to download gay porn'
- Hulk Hogan scores two minor victories in his $100m sex tape suit as judge rules tape will not be shown to the public or press at trial - and he CAN wear his bandanna in court
- Coronation Street's Carla Connor to develop serious gambling addiction... as she struggles to cope with guilt over fire deaths
- LIVE: President Obama announces US and Cuba reopening Embassies'
- UK's Playtech expands online trading with Ava Trade buy
- Timeline to negotiations on new Greek bailout
- Subdued Djokovic eases into third round
- Rebel rocket fire kills 16 civilians in Yemen's Aden
- US STOCKS-Wall St rises sharply on renewed Greece hopes
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)