- 4 Children, 2 Adults Injured In Early Morning Fire In Harford County
- Serious strain of bird flu wipes out Minnesota turkey flock
- BNSF Freight train carrying crude oil derails in northern Illinois
- Retired cop Sam Piccini launches vending machine business for BULLETS
- Thug who blinded a man by throwing acid in his face has an eye GOUGED out as punishment in Iran
- Russian opposition figure Boris Nemtsov wrote notes the day before he was shot dead
- Pumped full of drugs as his arm is tightly bandaged to reduce blood flow, another 'thief' is maimed by ISIS in photographs revealing how criminals are medically prepared before sickening amputation
- Boy 'excluded' from World Book Day event after dressing Fifty Shades of Grey character
- Unlicensed driver killed his own step-sister in illegal drag race after she was thrown off motorbike she was riding into the path of his car
- How does YOUR state treat women? Minnesota comes out on top in study that ranks all 50 states in quality of life for women
Man Dead In Maryland After Struggle With Deputies
More from Baltimore
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagscalifornia, Condominium, Disturbance, Shooting, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
CALIFORNIA, Md. (AP) — The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot by a deputy during a struggle.
The Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded early Saturday to a report of a disturbance at a condominium in the 23000 block of Sugar Maple Court in California, Md. The Sheriff’s Office says deputies encountered 39-year-old Stephen Robert Wycoff and that a struggle ensued.
One deputy discharged his weapon. Wycoff was pronounced dead on the scene. The sheriff’s deputy who fired his weapon, Cpl. Michael George, was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released. The Sheriff’s Office did not say his injuries were.
George has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcomes of an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)