- One person killed in Greeneville collision
- 'Kim Kardashian can't eat burgers and Heidi Klum is no spring chicken': Carl's Jr. CEO opens up about brand's commercials and the best and worst models he has hired
- Indiana woman who was youngest death row inmate after being sentenced at 16 before she was freed following international appeal committed suicide at age 45 and left behind note, police say
- Silk Road website creator gets life term for drug plot
- After reporter killed, illegal dirt bikes in D.C. create debate
- Doctors Optimistic for Injured ERHS Student
- Tom Conti puts home he bought for £165k on market for £17.5million
- MPs back demand for Olive's Law to prevent charities hounding elderly: Poppy seller took her own life after being inundated with letters asking for money
- £230k BBC boss pays £800 of taxpayers' cash for seven taxi rides: Mark Linsey accused of 'frittering away' money on lengthy cab rides
- Retired experimental physicist, 92, who found the God Particle auctions his 1988 Nobel Prize for $765,000 'because it had just been sitting on a shelf'
Ex-housecleaner busted in $3M bust burglary
More from MD
- Man To Be Sentenced For Setting Home On Fire After Divorce
- Family Sues After They Say Student Attacked Daughter On Bus
- Kelly Michelle Charged With S3xually Abusing Student
- Morgan Arnold Charged With Killing Her Father To Stand Trial
- 3 Year Old Boy Found Dead In A Playground Being Pushed By His Mother
PHILADELPHIA - A rare bust of Benjamin Franklin worth $3 million has been recovered almost a month after it was stolen from a suburban Philadelphia home.
Owner George D'Angelo says the 1778 porcelain bust by Jean-Antoine Houdon was recovered Friday when authorities arrested a former house cleaner.
D'Angelo tells The Philadelphia Inquirer the bust was stolen from his Bryn Mawr home on Aug. 24. A woman who previously worked for D'Angelo's cleaning service was seen speeding away from the scene.
The FBI confirmed the arrest of 46-year-old Andrea Lawton and the recovery of the bust. D'Angelo says Lawton was carrying the bust in a duffel bag when she was arrested in Elkton, Md., after departing from Mobile, Ala.
D'Angelo says the bust's breastplate was cracked but he hasn't seen it yet.
Lawton is in federal custody.