- Display plane crashes during car show in England
- Putin puts Crimean archaeological site under federal control
- Airplane debris arrives in France for Malaysia crash investigation
- Norwich sign Blackburn keeper Kean
- Rapper Snoop Dogg stopped in Italy airport with $422,000 in cash
- Iraq's Barzani condemns Turkish bombing he says killed civilians
- Obama gets early start on 54th birthday celebration
- Annual Shrine Parade canceled due to traffic from accident
- You're gonna be fine; Matt Lucas writes heartfelt letter to teenage boy who suffers from hair loss
- Inside the bunker where Emperor Hirohito recorded speech announcing Japan's surrender after 'cruel' bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Lady Gaga's Meat Dress to Be Shown in DC Museum
More from MD
- Michael Tomaszewski Charged With Murdering His Neighbors To Appear In Court
- Man To Be Sentenced For Setting Home On Fire After Divorce
- Family Sues After They Say Student Attacked Daughter On Bus
- Kelly Michelle Charged With S3xually Abusing Student
- Morgan Arnold Charged With Killing Her Father To Stand Trial
WASHINGTON - Lady Gaga's famous meat dress has made its way to Washington, along with Loretta Lynn's song about "The Pill" and other relics from music history.
Lady Gaga's dress from the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards is now dried and painted to restore its raw meat color. Beyond its shock value, though, it's being displayed at the National Museum of Women in the Arts with an explanation of her political message.
When Lady Gaga wore the dress, she was accompanied by U.S. soldiers affected by the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays. She later explained that if people don't stand up for their rights, they'll have as many rights as a piece of meat.
The dress is featured in an exhibit opening Friday with items from other pioneering women in music.