- Man facing deportation for burglary has his sentence HALTED so he can donate a kidney to his ailing younger sister
- White House admits it has no choice but to accept racist abuse sent to Obama's @POTUS on Twitter
- Man who weighed 289lb shed 100 pounds within a year after eating food at one restaurant
- Splash landing! Navy pilot ejected into San Diego Bay and is rescued by boaters when training plane skids off runway
- Eighth grader sent home for 'glorifying suicide' after she made a memorial t-shirt to honor classmate who took his own life
- Motorcyclists gather in D.C., around US for Memorial Day weekend
- Robert De Niro gives NYU arts graduates brutally honest advice in Tisch speech
- Peter O'Toole told Richard Burton he slept with Elizabeth Taylor
- Mexico: 43 dead in 3-hour firefight on ranch in west
- Escape to Harry Houdini's LA hideaway: Rental villa comes complete with hidden caves, terraced gardens and deep-water tank where the master practiced his underwater escapology
Lady Gaga's Meat Dress to Be Shown in DC Museum
More from MD
WASHINGTON - Lady Gaga's famous meat dress has made its way to Washington, along with Loretta Lynn's song about "The Pill" and other relics from music history.
Lady Gaga's dress from the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards is now dried and painted to restore its raw meat color. Beyond its shock value, though, it's being displayed at the National Museum of Women in the Arts with an explanation of her political message.
When Lady Gaga wore the dress, she was accompanied by U.S. soldiers affected by the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays. She later explained that if people don't stand up for their rights, they'll have as many rights as a piece of meat.
The dress is featured in an exhibit opening Friday with items from other pioneering women in music.