- 5 displaced by house fire in Richmond's Southside
- Orange boss sees end to French telecom price war
- Iraqi army battles Islamic State militants near Fallujah
- Risk and worry await S. Korea work to lift doomed ferry
- Tensions as Burundi president to launch contested re-election bid
- Holder Levy in four-way tie for China Open lead
- Kathmandu hospital says 36 bodies counted so far from quake
- Super 15 results and standings
- Brain fade behind own goal, pm says
- How London is being sold off to Qatar
Man Commits Suicide After Shooting Girlfriend
More from MD
ABERDEEN, Md. - Authorities say an Aberdeen man fatally shot himself after shooting and injuring his live-in girlfriend.
The Harford County Sheriff's Office says the 48-year-old woman was shot early Saturday morning and fled to a neighbor's house along with 1 of her adult daughters.
The other adult daughter remained inside the home with the armed man, later identified as 45-year-old Elroy Cole. Deputies located her inside a rear bedroom and helped her escape through a rear window.
Police then entered the home and found Cole dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The female gunshot victim was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore, where she was treated and released.