- TRAFFIC ALERT: Tractor-trailer accident on I-95N in south Richmond
- U.S. Supreme Court to hear arguments on same sex marriage
- MTA Maryland Announces Service Changes Due To Police Activity
- Maryland Man Arrested in Death of FBI Police Officer in Virginia
- Mariah Carey Makes Her Official Arrival In Las Vegas Ahead Of Residency
- Two projectiles hit Israeli-occupied Golan, no casualties
- Toksvig bows out as news quiz host
- 'parents key' in toddler obesity
- Japan lawmakers submit casino legalisation bill
- Nine face midnight firing squad in Indonesia, hopes for reprieve gone
Evidence Dispute in Germantown Murder Case
More from MD
There is an evidence dispute in the case against the man accused of killing his estranged wife and her 11-year-old son.
Curtis Lopez is charged with the murder of his estranged wife and son. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)
Cutis Lopez, 45, wants a judge to bar prosecutors from using his cellphone records.
Authorities used those records to trace his movements between the time Jane McQuain was last seen in October and the night her body was found beaten and stabbed to death in her Germantown home.
PHOTOS: William McQuain, 11, remembered after death
Authorities allege that Lopez, 45, is responsible for her murder and the murder of her son William in Montgomery County.
Lopez is charged with two counts each of murder and kidnapping and one count of robbery.
Lopez was arrested in North Carolina in mid-October, just days before William's body was found in the woods in Clarksburg.