- New York City flooded with cops in Fourth of July Security alert: Seven thousand officers assigned to potential targets amid a rise in terrorist 'chatter' and fears of attack by homegrown ISIS extremists
- Hospital seizes baby from UK mother and demands she takes DNA test to prove she's hers: Dental nurse says she is being treated 'like a baby thief
- Touching photo shows orphaned daughter of former All Black star Jerry Collins draped in her dad’s old Hurricanes jersey and fed by his former teammate as his old team gets set to play in Grand Final
- Popular Google millionaire and controversial landlord who found himself at the center of San Francisco anti-gentrification protests dies of cancer at 46
- George Takei apologizes for calling Justice Clarence Thomas a 'clown in blackface'
- Title frustration continues for error-prone Hurricanes
- Saudi says wanted militant killed in exchange of fire
- Taiwan president remembers Nationalist victory in Sino-Japan war
- Fidel Castro, 88, visits cheese-makers in rare public appearance
- Motor racing-Formula One British Grand Prix starting grid
Evidence Dispute in Germantown Murder Case
More from MD
- Michael Tomaszewski Charged With Murdering His Neighbors To Appear In Court
- Man To Be Sentenced For Setting Home On Fire After Divorce
- Family Sues After They Say Student Attacked Daughter On Bus
- Kelly Michelle Charged With S3xually Abusing Student
- Morgan Arnold Charged With Killing Her Father To Stand Trial
There is an evidence dispute in the case against the man accused of killing his estranged wife and her 11-year-old son.
Curtis Lopez is charged with the murder of his estranged wife and son. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)
Cutis Lopez, 45, wants a judge to bar prosecutors from using his cellphone records.
Authorities used those records to trace his movements between the time Jane McQuain was last seen in October and the night her body was found beaten and stabbed to death in her Germantown home.
PHOTOS: William McQuain, 11, remembered after death
Authorities allege that Lopez, 45, is responsible for her murder and the murder of her son William in Montgomery County.
Lopez is charged with two counts each of murder and kidnapping and one count of robbery.
Lopez was arrested in North Carolina in mid-October, just days before William's body was found in the woods in Clarksburg.