- Penny Lane Pub first in RVA to install Boozelator 5,000 breathalyzer
- Monday night high school playoff scores
- Black flag of ISIS flies from mangled helicopter after extremists take over airbase and destroy notorious prison once used by Syrian regime
- Has a pair of Eva Braun's monogrammed underwear wound up in an Ohio antiques shop?
- Rambling emails about 'billionaire's weapon of terror' and plans to refine uranium led to arrest of Olympian Shannon Miller's ex-husband with cache of toxic chemicals
- New statement from Petco on dog's grooming salon death
- Woman gets 45 years for slaying of fellow Va. Tech student
- Grandmother of Morrissey's new child back in court Tues.
- VCU edges Dallas Baptist to advance to first super regional
- Lightning sparks problems in Henrico
Evidence Dispute in Germantown Murder Case
More from MD
- Michael Tomaszewski Charged With Murdering His Neighbors To Appear In Court
- Man To Be Sentenced For Setting Home On Fire After Divorce
- Family Sues After They Say Student Attacked Daughter On Bus
- Kelly Michelle Charged With S3xually Abusing Student
- Morgan Arnold Charged With Killing Her Father To Stand Trial
There is an evidence dispute in the case against the man accused of killing his estranged wife and her 11-year-old son.
Curtis Lopez is charged with the murder of his estranged wife and son. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)
Cutis Lopez, 45, wants a judge to bar prosecutors from using his cellphone records.
Authorities used those records to trace his movements between the time Jane McQuain was last seen in October and the night her body was found beaten and stabbed to death in her Germantown home.
PHOTOS: William McQuain, 11, remembered after death
Authorities allege that Lopez, 45, is responsible for her murder and the murder of her son William in Montgomery County.
Lopez is charged with two counts each of murder and kidnapping and one count of robbery.
Lopez was arrested in North Carolina in mid-October, just days before William's body was found in the woods in Clarksburg.