- Winter Storm Warning until 3AM: Freezing rain ends overnight
- D.C. metro gas prices up 8 cents from last week
- Women battling menopause 'are forced out of jobs': Campaigner says companies are ignoring impact it has on employees
- How any woman can learn to love running (yes, even you!): TV presenter Nell McAndrew's new book tells you how to get started
- Top Tories in plan to 'Save Dave' if he loses election: Cabinet colleagues plan to form ring around PM because of prospect of second General Election
- Morecambe maternity unit 'blamed for 30 deaths': Inquiry finds that scale of scandal was much worse than first feared
- Liberal elite are helping spread of extremism, by Professor Anthony Glees
- ROWAN PELLING: Help! I've never had an orgasm!
- Oregon woman, 26, jailed in Japan over prescribed Adderall she sent in the mail
- Girl, 15, dies from heart attack brought on by eating disorder that started when classmate said her butt looked big in volleyball shorts
Teen shot on Morris Road in Southeast D.C.
More from Law
- Doctor 'Tried to Beat His Neurosurgeon Son-in-Law to Death With a Crowbar During Bitter Divorce Battle'
- Pregnant Woman, 54, Accused of Hitting Man with Cane 'After He Tried to Suffocate Her'
- NYPD investigating beating of white man as possible hate crime
- 3-year-old dies from gunshot wound at Yellowstone
- Colorado Teen Shot and Killed in Prank Gone Wrong
December 4, 2012 - 09:04 am
A teenage girl was shot Tuesday morning along Morris Road in Southeast Washington, and police say it may have happened while she was walking to school.
MPD spokesman Ofc. Anthony Clay says the 18-year-old girl was shot in the leg in the 1400 block of Morris Road.
Clay says that the person who called 911 to report the shooting said that his daughter had been shot while she walked to school.
D.C. Fire officials (@IAFF36) say that the victim was treated and taken to an area hospital. Her condition is unknown.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.