- UN rejects $15 million offer from foundation under scrutiny
- Nearly 600 absent after suicide notes found at school
- California to enact comprehensive medical marijuana regulations
- Police: SUV hurtles through Massachusetts auction, injures 8
- US weighing Russian response on flight safety guildlines
- Ex-lottery security officer charged with rigging more games
- 13-year-old boy accused in fatal shooting of girl, 12
- In familiar ritual, Obama consoles families from Oregon mass shooting
- New U.S.-Russia military talks seen on Syria air safety
- Federal agency to supervise Metro safety
Woman, 60, charged with assault with a deadly weapon for 'spraying poisonous weed killer in the eyes of a 7-year-old child'
More from News
- Julie Rodenhuis has been involved in a number of 'neighborhood disputes' in her California condominium complex
- Police say she sprayed her 7-year-old neighbor in the eyes with a dangerous weed killer
- The child was treated at a hospital and released
- Rodenhuis has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, battery with serious injury, and child endangerment
By Daily Mail Reporter
Published: 04:54 GMT, 28 June 2014 | Updated: 05:33 GMT, 28 June 2014
A 60-year-old California woman was arrested earlier this week after authorities say she sprayed a 'poisonous weed killer' in the face eyes of a 7-year-old who lives in her condominium complex.
Julie Rodenhuis reportedly has been in a number of 'neighborhood disputes' prior to allegedly spraying the child with the dangerous pesticide.
Police in Grover Beach - a small coastal community about 90 miles north of Santa Barbara - were called to the complex about 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday after someone called 9-1-1 to report that the child had been assaulted.
Assault: Police say Julie Rodenhuis sprayed a poisonous weed killer in her 7-year-old neighbor's eyes
Witnesses told the responding officers that Rodenhuis sprayed the child in the face and eyes.
The child, authorities say, was treated by family members at the scene, and emergency responders took the child to a nearby hospital before being treated and released.
According to charging documents obtained by The Smoking Gun, Grover Beach Police Commander John Peters tells The Smoking Gun that investigators learned that Rodenhuis 'has been involved in several neighborhood disputes in the past and this appears to be a continuation.'
Police continue to investigate the incident.
Disputes: Police say Rodenhuis has been involved in a number of neighborhood disputes with people who live in her condo complex (pictured)
Rodenhuis was booked into the San Luis Obispo County Jail on charges of assault with a deadly weapon, battery with serious injury, and child endangerment.
Rodenhuis is being held on a $100,000 bond.
Police say they are continuing the investigation to determine whether any other charges should be filed against Rodenhuis.