- Coast Guard: Cargo Ship Sank, One Body Found
- Your Rooting Guide For The 2015 MLB Playoffs
- Cleanup Efforts Continue In Ocean City
- Poll: Maryland Governor Has 54 Percent Favorable Rating
- Amtrak Train From Vermont To Baltimore, DC Derails
- Popular Restaurant Owner Discusses His Assault Only With WJZ
- 2015 Orioles Recap With Roch Kubatko
- Anne Arundel County Police Investigate After 2 Found Dead In Home
- Important deadline coming up for Tennessee high school seniors
- Fall sports camp in Johnson City reaches capacity for first time
Aqualyx promises to zap fat cells so they 'dissolve' naturally
More from News
- Tom Cruise pays for daughter Bella to wed boyfriend Max Parker
- Chernobyl exclusion zone sees wildlife thriving since the nuclear disaster
- Is this the BITCHIEST Strictly Come Dancing yet after only 2 weeks?
- £30 fees to see NHS GPs may be the only way to cut queues
- Theresa May thinks migration is putting pressure on public services and infrastructure
- Aqualyx is a water solution that's injected into fatty areas
- One session costs £250 and can treat double chin
- Stomach area would need a few treatments
- No downtime, just slight bruising for 48 hours
By Bianca London
PUBLISHED: 13:28 EST, 7 January 2014 | UPDATED: 13:35 EST, 7 January 2014
As a body-conscious but time-poor society, more and more Brits are becoming obsessed with quick fixes.
From lunchtime lipo to the 'one stitch face lift', an increasing number of treatments that promise results in record time are taking over the cosmetic surgery world. The latest? A fat-fighting injection.
Aqualyx is a water solution that is injected into stubborn fat areas around the body.
It contains plant polymers, which binds with
the cell walls of the fat tissue before rupturing and releasing the fat to be dissolved.
Before and after: Sarah, 42, from Sheffield had a £250 Aqualyx injection, which claims to liquefy the fat cell which is passed out in urine over the next three weeks
liquefies the fat cell which is then eliminated naturally when you
urinate over a three-week period.
The solution claims to completely destroy the
fat cells so they can’t grow back and it can be used on your thighs, stomach, knees, chin, buttocks, stomach, back and even your neck.
Describing its new treatment, Mills Medical Service say it 'gives you the body you’ve always dreamed of without fearing the fat will return'.
The treatment, which claims to be the only registered fat removal injection on the market, says it has no downtime (other than slight bruising and swelling for 48 hours).
'Aqualyx isn’t an injection for weight loss; it is used for contouring the body and slimming down those stubborn fat areas. Combined with a healthy diet and exercise, the fat won’t grow back either.' say the brand.
One session costs £250, which they say is all that's needed for the chin area, while the tummy may need a few more treatments.
Melt your fat away: The solution, which claims to completely destroy the fat cells so they can't grow back, can be used on your thighs, stomach, knees, chin, buttocks, stomach, back and even your neck (stock images)
But is it all too good to be true - can it really be effective and safe?
Dr Yannis Alexandrides, MD of 111 Harley Street, said: 'I don’t use fat removal injectable in my clinic and certainly have no plans to until there is further research and trials published.
'It’s always important that prospective patients thoroughly research treatments before they book, and these injectables are very new to the market with little evidence of their efficacy other than that produced by the manufacturer.
'While the cost is certainly affordable and attractive, those thinking of having the procedure must look at alternatives available that have proven results and existing patient testimonials.
'Also, prospective patients must undergo a full consultation to determine the right procedure for their concern.'