- Maryland sheriff's deputy killed in King George crash
- Man flees Chesterfield police after traffic stop
- NYPD cop killer had long criminal record, history of mental instability
- Footballer sent off for warning of 'dog s**t' on Christian league pitch where swearing is forbidden (but red card overturned when it became clear the expletive was not a critique of the referee)
- Top of the hot chocs the very best hot chocolates to keep you warm this winter
- Maggie, Mandy and a most improbable friendship: Thought Profumo temptress Mandy Rice-Davies had no secrets left? Here's the most startling yet!
- How fathers' brains adapt to a newborn: They develop extra grey matter in areas linked to emotional needs and multi-tasking
- How British spies have lost track of our most dangerous criminals after Snowden revealed GCHQ's tactics
- 50 reasons why a woman DOESNT need a man Claudia Connell's response to Jane Gordon's reasons for needing a man
- £300m bid to find new cancer cures by mapping our DNA: Unlocking genetic code could lead to faster and more accurate diagnosis
Elizabeth Calvo, 21, and Adam Garber, 25 charged with beating toddler Aiden Calvo to death
More from News
- A deal with Castro, for a post-Castro future
- The £4,000 implants that could restore failing sight: Pioneering plastic lens combats poor vision and cataracts - and should never need to be replaced
- Lifestyle choices such as changing diet, taking up exercise and playing puzzles could prevent 80,000 dementia cases
- The great street light switch-off: 75 per cent of councils dimming lights to save cash amid fears of increased crime and road accidents
- DOMINIC LAWSON: Dazzling giant who makes today's selfie obsessed stars look like pygmies
Two-year-old Aiden Calvo’s battered body was covered in bruises, blood was splattered on his bedroom wall, he had broken bones – parents Elizabeth Calvo, 21, and Adam Garber, 25, were arrested while the baby was taken to the hospital Dec 16.
The extent of the boy’s injuries has upset even the most grizzled of police veterans.
Now in jail: Elizabth Calvo (left) and Adam Garber (right) have both been charged with murder
‘Amongst law enforcement, these are the type of cases that really get under your skin,’Gwinnett Police Cpl. Jake Smith told WSB.
Police were called to the evil couple’s suburban Atlanta apartment while he was having seizures and coughing up blood, according to a police report cited by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
What they found inside the house of horrors shocked them.
The staggering severity of the abuse suffered by the helpless baby was not discovered until he arrived at the hospital.
He had bruises on his back, forehead and genitals, a hand print on his buttocks, bite marks on multiple fingers, bleeding in his nose and stomach, a fractured skull, diaper rash so severe it caused the skin to breakdown and bleeding on the brain from a traumatic brain injury.
The baby's blood was splattered on the walls.
Mr Garber attempted to explain the grisly scene by saying he had diaper rash and bruised easily, cops said.
Tortured toddler: Aiden Calvo, only two-years-old, was beaten to death by his parents, cops said
House of horrors: The Couple shared by the demented couple and where the baby's blood was found splattered on the walls
The suffering baby is believed to have died from the head wound, Mr Smith told WSB.
The pair initially faced child cruelty charges, but those were upgraded once the tortured toddler succumbed to his injuries only three days before Christmas.
Ms Calvo and Mr Garber both turned on each other under questioning from investigators, blaming the other for the abuse – authorities did not buy it.
‘The detectives have evidence to suggest that both participated and certainly both participated in the neglect,’ Mr Smith told WSB.
Multiple reports claim the pair told investigators they had moved from New York only days before making the 911 call.
The demented duo now sits in Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond and are due to appear in court Tuesday morning.